Colour Name: White|Change

on 16 October 2014
Bought these as a replacement for a pair of the older Sony model.

Unfortunately I managed to damage the connection in the previous pair with leaving them squashed in my gym bag but the wires in this new pair actually seem much more robust.

Anyway, I'm no audiophile, but I really enjoy good music. The treble is crisp, the bass is strong and the music quality for what I use them for (only the gym) is to such a standard I really can't complain.

Comes with a cable tidy and a choice of 'earbud' sizes to suit and get them right and you're in your own little world.
Nothing from the outside finds its way in and I haven't received any complaints about music leakage so no issues with these.

If I manage to break these then I'll certainly be back for more
TOP 1000 REVIEWERon 27 February 2015
These are great all round headphones suitable for all music types. The bass has real depth and treble and midrange is represented very well. If you have always gone for cheap headphones then be prepared to hear details of your music which you probably didn't know were there. The volume is pretty good as well you don't need to ramp it up to hear the music.

The build is pretty standard. There is nothing which particularly stands out on the design front. The cable is quite thin and flimsy (more in a bit). The buds are light, small and fit in the ear well which helps to remove outside noise. One nice addition is that it comes with a cable tidy to wrap any excess cord up securely.

However, there is a pretty major let down for these headphones and that is the build quality of the cable which is thin and flimsy. I am careful with headphones (my previous ones lasted 2+ years) and I have had these for 2 weeks and the left bud is now noticeably quieter than the right (yes, I switched them around to check). So these have been relegated to back up headphones rather than primary.

I thought my search for replacement headphones was over but alas these are just too fragile for normal use.

Headphones are one bit of technology which is highly personal. It appears that one persons "awesome" is another's "total £$%£". I feel this is partly due to music taste as I can see some headphones are suited for a particular music type rather than all round performance.

I personally have a wide music taste ranging from Dubstep, Classical, Punk, rock, Ska, Pop to Acoustic so my requirements for headphones are that they are all round performers. My headphones have experienced death by kitten after 2+ years of use. Unfortunately, they were very good headphones which are now obsolete. So it has a been a trial by "Nails on a chalk board" finding alternatives on a tight budget. So I have decided to review all my recent headphone purchases to hopefully help other avoid my audio pain.

To ensure fairness I used the same track to test all the headphones which is Versus official music vol. 1 because it covers Bass, Mid range and Treble.
on 17 August 2014
Used to have the older MDREX50LPS.AE model, got these they have a fresher look and with the same great bass and music quality.
However I give this 4 stars because it says it has a in line microphone in the description which i does not have.
on 26 December 2015
I'm only doing this because I'm really tired of reading phoney Pieces of crap by fakes. These are good headphones for those of whom just want a good, cheap pair of headphones. I've had them a few months now, since October I believe, I've treated them really badly: pulling them, wrapping them. All that, they're durable to some degree (sensible). The bass is good, I listen to a lot of trap music on soundcloud and the sound sounds quite epic, in parallel to the Bose ones I use to have. However at the highest volumes it does go squeaky, I hope you understand what that means. You shouldn't have it that Loud anyways.
on 8 May 2016
The bass on these are amazing, i have been using these for a few months and have compared these to several of my friends, and I have to say these are my favoursites! Where most earphones let out the sound so others can hear what your listening to, with these they can't, I've played my music on full blast and no-one has every asked to me turn it down because they could hear what i was listening to. Another postive thing about this is that they are also super comfortbale on the ear and the positioning of them secures the buds so they dont fall out, i dont have a problem with these and is why they are currently my favourite! Bad thing about this is that it is too long lenghtwise, but there is a hook to help reduce the lenght.
overall, I cant fault the product and am amazed by how great they are for the price.
on 28 October 2015
My previous Sony earphones, now discontinued, performed well and lasted longer than any other earphones I've ever owned, so I decided to go for Sony again. These haven't disappointed so far - good sound quality right out of the box, no "running in" needed. Some adjustment of EQ settings on my MP3 player was necessary, they sounded tinny with the default settings, although the same has applied to every set of earphones I have used with it, so the problem there is probably more to do with the MP3 player. But with the right settings they give good clear sound, decent bass and not at all tinny, so if you find that you're not happy with the sound quality from these earphones you might just need to give your settings a tweak. They do seem a little flimsy in their construction compared to my previous Sony earphones, although I'm not entirely surprised considering the price. Time will tell how long they will last.
TOP 1000 REVIEWERon 10 August 2015
I mainly use my earphones for listening to audiobooks rather than music, and these are a good combination of reasonable price and decent audio quality (good enough to make audiobooks as good as they get). For music they also offer a decent quality given the price and noticeably better than other earphones I've tried in roughly this price range. If you're not a music aficionado, this quality should be fine.

I find the earphones nice and snug fitting, and there is a good range of different earphone cover sizes if your ears don't suit the standard size like mine.

One watchout: the cable these come with is very long. That might be good for some people, but for me it means lots of length having to be wrapped around the special plastic tidy which is provided - and the weight of that tidy plus the cable, whilst not huge, is a noticeable irritant at times.
on 20 June 2016
The sound from these headphones is way better than suggested by their low price. Clear, precise without any muddling going on and with a wonderful deep bass that is well rounded and not flat or overpowering. They are very small and lightweight with thin cables which might explain why there have been a lot of complaints about their longevity. I would suggest careful handling at all times. The sound is definitely their strong point. They require more volume to drive them compared to Shure 500's but this is really not problematic unless you prefer to listen at ear wrecking levels or are already regularly pushing your volume control to the max. Unless mine break within the next few months I would say they are astounding performers at this price.
My previous range of Sony bass boost headphones has been discontinued, a range i'd used for 15 years so looking for a replacement I tried a different brand that was uncomfortable, badly designed and of low quality. Lesson learned, the same day I went back to Sony and bought these.

Firstly, and I know this will vary from person to person but I found them hugely comfortable. They come with four sizes of easily replaceable earbuds though the set they start with was perfect immedietly. Was in the ear properly forming the seal no matter how I moved around no bass was lost (a problem with the other brand).

The sound quality is great, the bass comes through brilliantly if you get them in your ear correctly. I use them for both my ipod and my Playstation 4 through the TV and they have been excellent for both.

The wire has no remote and a basic L shaped jack (gold plated) and is of a decent length so I can put my ipod in my pocket comfortably without feeling like it's pulling my head down.

All in all a fantastic product at a great price.

Recommended.

+ Amazingly comfortable.
+ Good wire length.
+ Excellent sound.
+ Great value.
on 26 January 2016
We love these earphones. Have bought several pairs and have recommended them to several friends and family. Comfortable to wear in the ears, don't fall out even while exercising. Light wires makes them easy to wear and unobtrusive. None have broken yet, even with the inevitable pulling from ears etc that they get subjected to sometimes. They sound great, and the price is a real bargain. Almost no sound leaks from them either so you are never annoying fellow passengers on the train, etc. I will definitely buy them again when I inevitably lose them yet again!