Customer reviews

on 13 February 2014
As Djs/remixers/producers go, you can't do wrong with Henrik Schwarz. I saw a Boiler Room set on You Tube with Henrik Schwarz playing an hour long set; it was amazing! He played many of his own tunes/remixes but wow, talk about hitting the musical "G-spot". Love the album, features a great line up tunes and also gives you an example of the eclectic musical palate Henrik Schwarz draws on. Hope to see in person at a festival or club soon. Gave the album 4 stars as I was expecting a mix CD as well as a DJ unmixed friendly version (Defected records take note). Nonetheless, if you like exciting, intuitive and solid house/dance beats, then this album is for you.
on 14 February 2014
Last weekend our son Colin was down for the weekend and he left a copy of this behind. I listened to it today and it is really rather good -much better than those records put out by his brother Brinsley in the 70s.

Once again Colin was back on a reading week from Warwick University. He was writing some sociology essay on that kiddy fiddler who presented It's a Knockout. What will they think of next? Why can't young people do something useful like atomic engineering?

So, since the wife was away (a new age re-birthing sanctuary with her mother AGAIN!) we went down the boozer to watch the Liverpool lads tan the hide of Arsenal. Then we spent the afternoon down the golf club. Gin on special offer again. Bombay Saph' only two quid a double. Then we drove down the Connie Club where Colin won a huge bag of mince in the meat raffle. We had a few hours there -bottles of Ozzie wine on a BOGOF deal. Lovely I nearly crashed the jag on the way to the off licence but we had a merry time. That was until Colin ruined the night by calling his fiance Kevin around one am. Apparently Kevin is up before the Vice Chancellor after his drama ('green sea' he calls it) practical involved something with live cats and loud trance CDs by Peter Oakenfold. Six children from the audience are still receiving psychiatric care apparently. Naturally they've gone private.

Anyway after Colin went back, I slung this in the CD system. It is really rather good and there is some great film of Henrik playing with some bloke called Buggie Westrippedoff on the interweb. There is also a good boppy version of a Bill Withers song that Henrick combines with a rather funky beat. Pity it's not on this CD. Does anyone know why it is not? And does anyone know of a bookies with a bar? Just askin'.
33 Comments| 24 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 3 April 2014
Kammermusiuc and Headphone silence start and end the CD. They are both great. Bugge rocks and Henrik Schwarz is just great. His Sound is very intuitive and the beat flow nicely. At times I can not stop Hearing just one song from this CD. The beats are hypnotizing as I experience it at times with Dennis Ferrer and some of the others out there on Defected. A Label I started to like and appreciate the most. Mr Finger would have loved to be published on White sample from that Label. Raise your Hands to the sky and do not Forget to do the right Thing when you talk about his Music. Buy it. this Cd is great. Me myself and I love it. Jungle my brother.
on 1 September 2014
Didn't like to begin with but it's a grower
on 9 June 2014
No problem and fast delivery.