Customer reviews

on 4 February 2014
Most of us, at some time or another, have written or received a love letter.

Lost love letters are the central theme for this book. Written by a selection of gifted female Indie authors ranging from Barbara Silkstone to Gerry McCullough this selection of letters will make you laugh as well as cry. They are not of a purely romantic nature though. There are letters to ex lovers, idols, crushes, deceased love ones, children and pets. All are written from the heart with beautiful evocative description and all are filled with emotion.

I do admit I had trouble relating to the letters from mothers to children since I chose not to have kids so can’t appreciate the sentiment, but from life experience I related far better to letters written to dead friends, lovers and relatives. I couldn’t, in all fairness, pick a favourite because they were all special in their own way. The only one I had real trouble with is the one to Jane Austen as I make no secret of the fact I just can’t relate to her characters. Had I contributed to this anthology my letter would probably have been to Agatha Christie.

I highly recommend this book to all who like something a little different.
on 8 February 2014
Various authors. Short story
Lost Love Letters
A short story of love letters that will pull you through every emotion possible. I got this book as some of my favorite authors had submitted letters to this anthology. I found it easy to read as the letters are short, I normally don't read this type of book but I am glad I read this one.
08 February 2014"
on 17 March 2014
This is a fantastic book for so many reasons. I think the main one is the fact that while reading it, it reminded me that I should never let time slip by without letting people know how important they are to me. It's not just important for them to hear it, it's important for me to let them hear it. It's reminded me I need to take time away from the silly little things that clutter my life and do the things that create the memories me and my loved ones will cherish in the years to come, the ones they will tell generations of, because I know no one wIll care years from now that the lawn was mowed or the dishes were done or the laundry put away. This book had me in tears, had me remembering things from my past, from my family and had me reminding myself of the things I needed to remember to say to those most important in my life.

Anthologies are also wonderful just for the fact that you can pick them up for a quick read, put them down and not worry about where you left off. If you read one story, or in this case a letter, you have the whole thing done, start to finish, if that is all you have time for. But watch out- it is hard to put it down after reading just one!

I think one of the greatest thing about this book though is the fact I get a little "taste" of each author's work and a bio from each. This is filled with talented writing from such a large group of women and it's given me a peek into their souls. Now I've discovered even more authors I need to add to my book shelves. Great job, ladies!
on 24 February 2014
These evocative stories by a varied group of talented writers, reveal an unusual kaleidoscope of emotions directed at lost lovers, deceased lovers, mothers, fathers and children, but every one of them is written from the heart. I loved dipping in to the book over the course of several weeks, always surprised by what in many cases felt like the secret raw autobiographical outpourings of thwarted love. But this of course is the mark of fine writing, when an author projects herself into a character and becomes that character.

In several of the stories I empathised with the protagonist with a deja vu feeling that transported me back to some of my own loves and losses. It would not be fair to single out any of the stories - they are all different and all have their merits. I loved the book and wish that there were more collections of short stories of this calibre.
on 20 February 2014
I picked up this anthology as I follow one of the authors and enjoy her writing and noticed she was a contributor. I am glad that I did.

These lost love letters vary in length, content and emotion. These are the letters that we would write and never send. Some were surprising, some were heart wrenching, some were wonderfully uplifting and some were very interesting only because I would never have thought of writing such a letter.

This anthology has also introduced me to new authors who are now on my ever-growing TBR list.

The 4* is only because of the formatting and several spelling mistakes.
on 13 February 2014
I found these lost love letters extremely moving and I could relate to several of them. A thoroughly enjoyable collection.