Format: Kindle Edition|Change
Price:£5.63

on 28 February 2014
I absolutely loved this installment. It cleared up some back questions and felt like the series was drawing to a close. There are some leftovers that may pave the way for another book but it did feel like an ending. I stretched it out for as long as possible and finally finished last night, was a weird edge of wanting to devour the book and trying to make it last. For die hard fans it does not disappoint!
If this is the first book you have been recommended in the series, STOP NOW, find the first I think it was the good the bad and the ugly ah no -
Dead Witch Walking
The Good, The Bad, and The Undead
Undead in The Garden of Good and Evil--Ivy novella in the anthology Dates From Hell.
Every Which Way But Dead
A Fistful of Charms
"Dirty Magic"--Mia short story in the anthology Hotter Than Hell.
For A Few Demons More
"The Bridges of Eden Park"-Kisten/Rachel short in the US mass market edition of For a Few Demons More
Two Ghosts for Sister Rachel--Robbie/Rachel/Pierce novella in the anthology Holidays are Hell
The Outlaw Demon Wails (retitled Where Demons Dare in the UK)
"The Bespelled"-Ceri/Al short story in the US mass market edition of The Outlaw Demon Wails
Also in anthology Demons, edited by John Skipp
White Witch, Black Curse
Ley Line Drifter--Bis/Jenks novella in anthology Unbound
Black Magic Sanction
Pale Demon
Blood Work -- Graphic Novel of Rachel's year interning under Ivy at the IS.
Hollows Insider -- Hollows world book. Full-color, illustrated "coffee table" book. (It's amazing)
A Perfect Blood
Harrison compilation -- Into the Woods (October 9, 2012)
Blood Crime (October 31, 2012) Graphic Novel of Rachel's year interning under Ivy at the IS.
Ever After (January 22, 2013)
The Undead Pool (February 25, 2014)
on 8 February 2015
This is the twelfth book in the Kim/Harrison/Rachel Morgan/Hollows series of books. The series is about a witch, vampire and pixie who do battle to defend Cincinnati from various non-human baddies in an alternative universe where people have discovered the existence of these otherworldly things on Earth.

In this book, Morgan and her posse are on the hunt for a group of people who are using ley lines to wipe out the master vampires, causing "issues" in Cincinnati in the process.

The book wasn't a bad. It rattled along at a decent lick, and had all the usual things that you'd expect from the series. My grumble would be over the fact that they're starting to feel a bit samey, in as much as Morgan tends to wander round being clueless and screwing things up before being brave and saving the day in all the books.

The other things I'd say are:

1) Read the series in order, the books will make more sense that way (it feels like you've bumped into a private conversation sometimes if you don't).

2) I wonder if the primary target for the books are women.

3) The description of guys has made me aware of the descriptions of women might be sexist in books that I've read with a male protagonist. I swear I'll scream if I read another book about sex with guys who have washboard abs any time soon.
on 6 March 2014
Just brilliant. I am so sad that this is the last book in the series. But wow what a book! Loved it. Just brilliant writing. I will have too read all the books again this series is unique wonderful and finishes with the knowledge that it was worth every single penny. Thank you Kim x
on 19 April 2014
Ok, I'll try not to spoil it but darn is it hard to contain the excitement.

First of all, if you've not read all the previous novels, please be aware this is the latest in a sequence of novels and you will be totally lost if you don't read the other books. So, friendly warning aside, the last book left me feeling a bit high and dry at the end there. The sexual tension, and the general humor of the final scenes between the characters left me wanting more, as in right then and there. Sadly I had to wait, but luckily not too long since I found this series rather late.

This picks up as most of the others books do, starting on a low note and gradually working it's way towards the really fun stuff. This was enjoyable and yet again left me wanting more. We see some characters re introduced which help to stir up emotions, the tension between Rachel and Trent is still there and... well just read it and see :)

There are also some surprises in the story which I'm sure will be elaborated on in future books (looking forward to it!). Generally, another great book, couldn't put it down and again I'm left wanting more.
on 25 February 2014
This book had landed in my kindle at 2.30am this morning, or at least it was there when I woke up at that hour and checked my emails to see it had arrived. Then and there I pondered 'do I start now or do I leave it?'.
Well, the book won and sleep was but a distant memory.
Soooo, what did I think?
I think, now that I have spent all morning and most of the dayreading it, that this is the best book in this series. I love it, in fact, now I have finished I want to start it all over again!
I could spoil it for you with a synopsis but hey, that's not how I roll, I want you to enjoy for yourself this brilliantly crafted story, to pretend when you are 90% done that you still have hours ahead of you, because I did not want this one to end, it was a triumph.
If you have not read this series and are wondering if you should, heed this advice - either take a couple of weeks off work or deal with the fact that you may not sleep for a while, and get on it! This story goes from strength to strength and is an utter pleasure to read. Fabulous!
on 22 September 2014
Loved this! As good (if not better) than the rest of the series. I'm sorry the series has had to end, but I love HOW it's ended. Very satisfactory on all counts. I'm not going to spoil the ending by revealing the plot, but the bad guys got just what they deserved and the good guys finally got their happy ending. Very clever twist re the surface demons, which I hadn't anticipated (hooray).

Highly recommended, and I can't wait to see what Kim comes up with next. I've got withdrawal symptoms already!
on 26 February 2014
Oh WOW!!! What a book! It contains everything you have come to expect from a Hollows novel (wit, friendship, action, mystery, intrigue, bravery and love) but it's just... More. Bridges are burned and new ones are built. Some plot threads are tied up, some new ones appear and others remain hanging for the final book. I gasped, I laughed, I cried, I was glued to the edge of my seat and I couldn't inhale it fast enough.
I just can't say how much I love this series and how gutted I am that it's coming to an end. If the saying "save the best for last" holds true then the next (and last) book is going to be spectacular as this one is going to be pretty hard to beat.
on 2 November 2014
At this stage in the series you might call me biased as a reviewer but I can honestly say that this book series is one of the most fantastic I've ever read.

The Undead Pool is incredible. Kim's writing prowess truly shines through here. The character development goes in an amazing direction here, the tension in the story is delectable, the plot fresh and without giving anything away, the perspective of the world changes in ways that I have never experienced in a book to date. It is a fascinating read to say the least.

And the ending? Well you will just have to read it and find out for yourself!
on 14 December 2014
The tagged line says it all, there were some great parts that made me laugh while I read this book. not trying to give too much away but I thought it was so funny when Trent tryed to buy 'something' with a plastic card :D. Thank you for a wonderful series of the hollows it's gonna be so sad to read the final book.
on 16 April 2014
Hmm....I love how the story developed but for a while it felt like things dragged a little. Rachel seemed a little confused and unlike herself for a while but all came good in the end. Rachel is a great individual and she deserves happiness. Life will never be easy but with the support she has from her friends, not to mention Trent I am sure she will rise to any challenges that come her way. I do hope her relationship with Al gets rectified.