Learn more Download now Shop now Learn more Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Learn More Shop now Shop now Learn more Shop Fire Shop Kindle New album - Matt Terry Learn more Shop Women's Shop Men's

Customer reviews

Cold Blow And The Rainy Night
Format: MP3 Download|Change
Price:£7.90

on 19 December 2013
So nice to hear this again after a few decades. This band, on this album, created their own magical world and, although creators of a sweet, gentle sound, impart their music a little 'edge' and 'darkness' which is very potent, even after all these years.
on 1 September 2001
No review for this great album yet, that really will not do! So here is my tuppence worth. This went straight to my heart when I first heard it. I do not want to spend too much words on this except that you will have to be prepared to be wanting to buy plenty more Irish Traditional records after hearing this one. It is so much better than the great majority of modern Irish commercial traditional bands. This has got real soul. Buy it!
on 16 April 2014
This is a brilliant album by Planxty, which I bought in the original LP format in 1975, and always return to.
However I wish to point out some significant errors in the CD track listing. The song " The Little Drummer ", would appear to have
been taken out, but it is in fact still there as track 7, the original listing, and Mominsko Horo is the second part of track 6.
Also on the original album the final track 10, is The Green Fields of Canada.
on 31 March 2017
Great just as I theme reed it
on 29 November 2004
I forget how many years ago i bought this, but it`s probably my most played album. Buy it on cd, you won`t regret it, i promise! It was definately thier best.
on 18 July 2017
excellent
on 12 August 2014
one of their finest recordings from a great band , I have a good collection of the records
on 7 July 2014
This is a brilliant CD which I got for my mum for her birthday.
on 2 July 2014
The one 'traditional' Irish music CD you should definitely own.
on 15 January 2016