on 16 December 2017
Amazing!!!!!!!! I am devastated that it is over! Please write more of this universe and characters! Please
on 1 April 2015
brilliant.
on 4 August 2017
I liked all the trilogy but I need more. I Really enjoyed more that I expect it. . . .
on 30 May 2016
its ok
on 11 February 2014
I was first attracted to this series as it seemed like a refreshing twist on the Praetorian Guard along with the fact it is military science fiction.

The main character stories sometimes seem like they are part of a Newton's cradle. Coming very close only to be bounced away again by the flow of the story.

I have been eagerly awaiting the third and final part of the trilogy for while, often checking the website and facebook page. I can honestly tell you that I have not been disappointed. The same flow to the story was there, urgency and tranquilty in parts when needed. I personally loved the little insights into military personalities and quirks as they are exactly the same to what I have encountered myself.

Like all good series though it is unfortunate and sad when they have to come to an end, but what an end indeed!!!
on 4 February 2014
I had waited patiently or should I say impatiently for Pax Imperia and eventually emailing the author. Mr Smith responded very promptly with the links to the book, within a few minutes the book was downloaded and ready to read.
Then trepidation set in for I realised this truly was THE LAST PRAETORIAN. So I rationed myself to a few pages each day.
Then when I had finished, I wished I had never started that I might be able to read it all over again.
Another excellent book from Mr. Smith a self confessed star wars fan and with a reference to the Kobi Ashi Maru obviously a closet Trekie. Well done.
on 29 January 2014
Having read the complete Redemption Trilogy, I find myself wanting more from this series, too many unanswered questions. I will have to say this is by far his best writing with excellent space battles, ground battles and some well written emotional scenes that will have you reading through blurry eyes.
Get this book you wont be disappointed, that is all
on 1 July 2014
I have enjoyed this story since the first book and have looked forward to each instalment. I'm sure that the fans all have their own perfect ending but overall i'm happy with this one and would really like another trilogy.
on 27 January 2014
I don't usually write reviews as such, and this will be my first one. I feel this book deserves all the praise it can get, and Mr. Smith deserves all the support possible for the work he does.

Well, I can happily blame Mike Smith for the fact I will be going to work this morning having had next to no sleep.

I stayed up all night reading this, and it is truly a page turner.

I am quite picky when it comes to books, especially Sci-Fi. It's hard now a days to find a decent, modern written space opera that has a complete blend of intelligent science, gritty action and a decent romance, all encapsulated in a vast and diverse universe, but I was more than satisfied by this series written by Mike Smith.

True, when I first read The Last Praetorian (the first book in the series), it took a little while for me to adjust to Mr. Smith's writing style, and the odd typo here and there, but the book steadily drew me in and before I knew it I'd read the second book, and was sitting there haplessly refreshing amazon for any sign of this book.

I urge anyone who is looking for a new Sci-Fi series to read, to give this a try. The first book is free and the sequels cost next to nothing considering what you would pay for a fully published copy of a lesser quality book from a high street store, and all purchases will help this author bring more works out that people such as myself are depending on for entertainment.

I truly came to love a lot of characters in this book, and was berated plenty of times by the other half for waking her up constantly with badly suppressed laughs, the numerous nights I'd stay awake reading these books.

Now I'm currently in the 'end of series' depression stage, the dreaded sadness you feel when you don't have anything new to look forward to from the Universe you have invested countless hours in, but I am taking comfort from the thought that Mr. Smith has announced a new trilogy, a sequel of sorts.

I'll be settling down to read the whole trilogy again soon.

TL;DR

A compelling blend of Sci-Fi, Action, Romance, Suspense and Mystery that will keep the reader entertained for hours on end, and longing for more. Excellent humour, raunchy scenes & a roller coaster of emotions, this book and series has it all.

Kudos, Mr. Smith.

P.S, next time, make my namesake a little less 'evil'.
on 11 February 2014
I've been a fan of The Redemption trilogy since the release of The Last Praetorian and have loved the characters and story the whole way through. Bit sad to see it end but looking forward to rereading the trilogy over the coming years. Great job Mike!