on 18 April 2016
I am a big fan of within temptation and have seen them live before and they are a great live band. I have previously bought their other albums. In my opinion this album isn't as good as the heart of everything or the silent force. To hear them at their majestic best, I would suggest that you listen to The Black Symphony , a live album recorded in 2008 with the Metropole Orchestra. On this album don't think there are many stand out songs . There are also too many 'guests' musicians who appear on the album
on 30 August 2015
My friend recommended me to Within Temptation and i was undecided which album to buy. After much deliberation i plumped for Hydra. The first track, Let it Burn, is great but the others are just Good...

Anyone recommend a better album by these guys that'll rock my world?
on 23 April 2014
I was really looking forward to this album, but I am sad to say that I was disappointed. I tried it again after waiting a couple of months after my last listen, but I can't escape the conclusion that this is symphonic rock by numbers. It sounds as if it has been made for the American market, in a style that would go down better there, but with a number of unremarkable tracks.

The previous album had great tracks such as Faster, Shot In the Dark and Sinead and The Silent Force was a delight from start to finish. Unfortunately, I doubt if I'll be listening to Hydra again
on 18 September 2014
I do think this is an amazing album but I have to say that I MUCH preferred the demo versions which were extras on the ' Paradise' single release. I was very disappointed when I heard the album versions as to me they are over produced.Still worth buying though.
on 1 March 2014
I didn't think this band could improve on The Unforgiving but they most certainly have with Hydra. I'm not sure about some of the samplers on the bonus CD but I didn't really buy it for that, The album is top quality. I'm slowly converting my daughter to WT and weaning her away from poppy pop music but I still need to work on the rest of the family.
on 22 May 2017
I'm a new listener to Within Temptation, having found them by accident on YT. Bought the album after hearing Covered by Roses and think it's great. Waiting to hear if they are going on tour 😊
on 6 April 2014
Within Temptation not only being a great Symphony Metal band are my favourite have been for years this is a superb package Follow up to The Unforgiving, Has great songs and lyrics, Featuring Let Us Burn, And We Run, Paradise What About Us, Covered By Roses, Edge of The World, Tell Me Why, Silver Moonlight and Who World Is Watching, great album must have for metal fans only disappointing song for me is Dog Days though average its not terrible Sharon has great vocal range best in metal, and Robert grunts return for this album after ten years 9/10 enjoy keep rocking everybody.
on 15 March 2018
excellent.cd.book.
on 15 December 2017
Great
on 27 January 2017
A dark theme here in Hydra. They sound good, I'm less sure about what the songs are about, but certainly a darker theme runs through the tracks.