• Hydra

Customer reviews

Format: MP3 Download|Change
Price:£7.99

on 16 February 2014
What happened to this band??? I had great expectations for this CD, but hey man I was dissapointed! I think that WithinTemptation have to find back to the old sound, this new CD is all about the voice of Sharon, and it is so soft... The music is soft, all about it is soft... Earlier they sounded heavier, but now it is so soft that even my grandmother, if she was alive, would have liked it... Sorry, stay away from this CD if you like the classic WT stuff, this one is really BAD!!! The bonus CD is even worse... Save the money!!!
on 2 August 2015
Love this group....but have to say most tracks were formulaic and dull. Track 1 - forgetable. ~Track2 with H jones was ok.Track 3 with xibit - he was the best bit on it annd I dont like rap. Track 4 should have been awesome but didnt realise Tarja was on it as coudnt tell the difference between them. Track 5...sounded like a cover group as did track 6...Did I mention track 7? No I forgot, and 8 too.. Made my current headphones show how average they are...bass heavy and limited high range made this sound like it was all the same with no highs or lows. Couldnt pick any detail out of this so it all sounded the same...disapointed or deaf....Probably deaf :). Didnt excite me like older albums, probably because it sounds the same as older albums.
on 3 February 2014
They say that the album format is dead,clearly no one told within temptation that,as Hydra is a fully immersive,dramatic experiance. The first track opens with wind like sounds before seguing into an Iron Maidenesque intro,adding layer upon layer of sound,before finally adding the vocals.It is to the producers credit,that Sharon den Adel can be heard without ever shouting.Layers are seamleslly peeled back to create drama/power and a sense of dynammics that always serve the song.A great start with the same production values carried through out.Other highlights include- AND WE RUN-,which features rapper Xzibit,who's portentious spoken word add yet more drama to the song,again the band and Sharon's vocalsvare layered over the top to great effect,a real crowd pleaser for sure.
PARADISE-featuring TARJA is something most fans have been waiting for and doesn't disappoint,with it's orchestral opening, powerful guitar play,and best of all excellent vocal harmonies,on yet another heavy but melodic track.
on 29 April 2014
excellent brilliant, great packaged lots to look at And enjoy, fast delivery
on 9 October 2014
I've been a fan of Within Temptation for years but I was disappointed with Hydra. The tunes are immediately catchy - but wait a second, didn't I just that song? This all seems to be written to a formula and there's nothing edgy or challenging. Compare this with 'Enter' and you'll see what I mean. And what on earth is the idea behind all the 'featuring X, Y etc. Rap and Eurometal (for want of a better word) just do not mix. And when I heard 'Whole World is Watching on Radio 2 I just knew something was wrong - I just hope we don't find them on next years' Eurovision.
on 6 February 2014
Only played it once so hard to describe it as yet no real stand out tracks on first listen where as their previous cd was full of them, however not to detract from Hydra I expect that after a few listens it will Stan up there with their previous cd it's full of powerful vocals, guitars, and the drummer should have been paid overtime he earned his pay on this cd, I am looking forward to hearing this again to full appreciate it, I doubt I will be dissapointed.
on 3 March 2014
LIke other reviewers here the sound quality on this mix is something to be desired ! really...this band deserve more, the type of music WT play requires the receoding to be dynamic and uncompressed. This is very lacking here and has really ruined the listening experience for me. Previous album are great...why could this not be so ??
on 13 April 2014
Brilliant follow up to `The Unforgiven` but if you are expecting more of the same (as I was lol) then prepare to have your mind blown. This band goes from strength to strength and arent afraid to throw in the odd curve ball. Very fast delivery and the price guarantee is a nice touch.
on 8 April 2014
Excellent new album from the Dutch rockers and back to something more like their original sound after 'Unforgiven', with an amazing collaboration with Tarja Turunen on 'Paradise (What About Us)'. Well worth splashing out for.
on 6 February 2014
Not what I was expecting from WT but it is growing on me. I have been listening to it and each time I find something new. In a way this is better than an instant hit which can sometimes quickly fade of the playlist.