on 21 August 2014
This is a good book. My sister in law introduced me to this and I have certainly changed my eating habits
on 25 August 2014
Great. Many thanks for speedy service.
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on 25 September 2014
My cook book du jour
on 14 January 2015
Absolutely wonderful- cannot put it down!
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on 20 August 2014
Anything by Diana Henry is brilliant and this is no exception. Really well researched recipes beautifully illustrated as always....buy, buy, buy..... (However don't expect a book of real low calorie cooking, it does use sugar and give recipes for cakes etc. - it's just slightly less indulgent than some of her other books). If you like this try Roast Figs, Sugar Snow, or my favourite Crazy Water, Pickled Lemons
on 24 March 2014
I already love this book - having tried out some of these recipes in her Telegraph column. I don't read the Telegraph except for the food!

Really great reading, simple and very tasty recipes.

I'm not a great one for slavishly following any sort of fashion - but you get to an age along with friends and family - where eating better and smarter - is just plain common sense. Diana Henry helps make it fun!

Really looking forward to delving into the whole book much more - trying out the new recipes and just dreaming about the one's I've not got round to yet.

Adding to my original review - I did the Peruvian Chicken Soup recipe yesterday with a chicken I'd bought for Sunday and got side tracked! Truly delicious - but whilst I can see what the avocado might add although I didn't have one to hand - I don't get the eggs at all? I looked again at the picture and then again at the recipe and I got the texture and timing on the egg right - and still don't get it! Perhaps the yolky richness - in which case I think I'd prefer the egg less well cooked.
on 23 May 2014
I have a great library of cookery books and my poor husband rarely knows what to expect for dinner. Diana Henry has been a favourite of mine for many years and her recipes always work. Now that she has adopted a more healthy attitude to cooking in her new book, there is no diminution in the great range of taste combinations that she offers for adventurous cooks to try at home. Ottolenghi, another of my favourite chefs, says on the cover of her book that he loves everything she cooks. Actually she seems to achieve similarly delicious results to his with slightly shorter ingredient lists.
on 2 April 2014
Each recipe is just perfect. I have tried about 10 of them, all delicious. My husband is a genuine gourmet with embonpoint, yet he loved everything, Beautiful book too. I am a fan of Diana Henry's cooking and own several books of hers. This is already a favorite. I particularly love that her recipes are true. When Jamie says a recipe takes 15 minutes to prepare, it takes 45, your kitchen is a mess and it does not deliver tastewise. Diana's recipes are the opposite. The description may be long, but preparation is straightforward. And she always delivers!
on 18 June 2014
the book was very well reviewed and is very beautifully presented but looking at the recipes they didn't speak to me, however having made some of them they are brilliant. who knew a cake made with breadcrumbs, pistachios, olive oil, sugar, lemon and eggs would be so sensational, the savoury dishes too have all been great. i buy at least one cookbook a week (it's an addiction) and this is one of the best of the year.
on 9 July 2016
Having journeyed from Delia to Nigel Slater, then Nigella, a bit of Jamie, Gordon and Michel Roux. I then visited Ottolenghi's restaurant and discovered how vegetables and salads can be the star of the show. I didn't choose this book, it was bought for me, but it has become my food bible, I can't imagine anything topping it. The photography is a delight, I love the seasonal aspect of it, I love the way that each seasonal section contains mostly veggie dishes but then ends with very special fish, poultry and meat dishes. But most of all I love the fact that nearly all of the recipes that I have tried (about one third of them so far) have been gobsmackingly delicious. At times while preparing dishes I've thought to myself, how is this going to come together? But almost without fail they do so in a glorious way. Thank you Diana Henry.