on 12 February 2014
Having been to Hawaii several times, it is easy to be overwhelmed by all the things to see and do. I know there are some wonderful hidden gems there as I have found a few myself. Interesting enough, those places were recommended by the local folk. And that is how this book is written, like having a friend on the island, letting you in on the best stuff to see and do, not to mention the best restaurants, the “Star Noddle” will be the first stop on my return trip, you can count on that.

What Mark has done with this guide is to give us the inside scoop on the who/what/where to Maui. It gives you an idea on how to experience Maui like a local in getting a real feel for the island. Adding to the priceless information, his descriptions of the food had my mouth watering and the photos and links are a huge plus too. I can’t wait to get back and try out some his favorite places.

I hope that Mark will get this book into print as I would love to have a copy in my backpack when I go. There is so much cool stuff in there that I had no clue about. One is the beaches on the west coast, some truly hidden jewels worth the time to visit and with all those links; you can research even more on the places you like. I know I’ll be checking out the sea turtles on my next trip along with the “Goofy Foot Surf School.”

A very extensive guide especially considering all the additional info provided with all the links to maps, videos, websites and more. Mark gives a list of things to do that give you the most value for your time and money as there is so much to do that doesn’t cost a lot or even free, which is sweet, really sweet.

In addition to all the great stuff, Mark includes information on things and places to be careful and aware of. He calls it his, “Dare to be Aware.” It is like having a seasoned traveler giving you tips to ensure a most enjoyable trip while staying smart and keeping it safe. This is helpful info that everyone can learn from.

In closing, I have traveled the world and have found the travel guides by Rick Steves to the best, especially for Paris, London and Italy. But, when it comes to Maui, there is no question that Mark Yosimoto Nemcoff has the best insight into the island and offers by far the best guide. I can’t wait to get back. Thanks Mark for a great book!
on 20 February 2014
And easy reading! A bargain book that gives a lot of insight In to Maui. Enjoyable read. Very well written
on 1 April 2015
Item as described , quick delivery