Customer reviews

After the Disco
Format: MP3 Download|Change
Price:£5.49

on 3 October 2016
Fortunately I stumbled upon Broken Bells while trying on some clothes in a fitting room in a Next store and just managed to 'Shazam' their song 'Medicine' before it ended. Since then I have gotten more and more into their sound and they have quickly become one of my favourite bands. I'm still slightly baffled that I hadn't (consciously) heard any of their stuff before - unfortunately this is probably a reflection of the way the industry is nowadays. That they aren't a lot bigger than they are is also puzzling because their sounds are refreshing and provide a new take on traditional genres while still appealing to a mainstream audience. James Mercer has an amazing vocal range which means he can pull off the lyrics to songs like 'Holding on for Life' while Brian Burton (a.k.a. Danger Mouse) provides dynamic musicianship on keyboards, drums and bass.

My favourites are probably 'After the Disco', 'Holding on for Life ' and 'Leave it Alone' but to be honest there isn't a single poor track on the album - a rare thing these days. The album is fantastic from start to finish, a true testament to musicians who know and love what they are doing. As someone who has grown up listening to his dad's vast music collection made up of The Grateful Dead, Simon & Garfunkel, R.E.M. and Bob Dylan just to name a few, I feel fortunate and relieved that there is still a band out there making music that isn't pure rubbish, repetitive or predictable.

Give these guys a listen - you won't regret it.
on 25 May 2018
It's in a style that I do not particularly like so disappointing.
on 27 January 2016
Excellent item as described. Prompt dispatch, safe and sound. Top marks.
on 7 February 2015
What can I say? Apart from this is a must have record!! Simply beautiful and quite genius in my opinion. If you like Broken Bells get it now!
on 2 November 2014
Listened to this album on a flight back from Cancun recently and found it really easy to listen to - just had to buy it on my return to listen to it again. Hadn't heard of the band before but what a fantastic album, Its just lovely easy listening.
on 1 March 2014
Great CD. It takes be back to the disco era, refreshing sounds, will deffo buy further CD's when released !
on 23 February 2014
I bought this for my boyfriend for valentines day because he loves broken bells. And because I bought the CD, I got a free digital copy, which was cool. I've listened to it a few times, and I like it, despite the fact that it's not necessarily my kind of music. It came on time and in good condition, thank you.
on 16 August 2015
Perfect
on 5 October 2014
Excellent seller, highly recommended! A++++
on 26 September 2014
Such a good album. Any combination of words that I can string together would never do it justice.
|11 Comment|Report abuse