Format: MP3 Download|Change
Price:£5.99

on 16 November 2013
Bizarrely Lift Your Spirit starts out almost in a country vein, which made me wonder quite was coming next! As it turns out this is a super smooth soul album for the 21st century. Great tunes, great hooks, beautifully sung and produced. One of the best contemporary R&B albums I have heard for some time.
on 2 June 2014
Okay not all 11 tracks are to my liking but the man (excuse the pun) can really sing! His lyrics are just so smooth. Lift Your Spirit is definitely uplifting. I bought the cd as gift and bonus you get the MP3 download for free so it's a win win. Aloe Blacc is talented.
on 26 June 2014
love the major song but as i listen to the tracks this is a great album thankyou avancii for bring him to light as i hear dollar track but did not persuade me wake me up a great track the man great track soldier in the city i could relate to lovely
on 6 August 2014
I was really looking forward to receiving this album, I loved Wake Me Up and I'm the Man and when I saw him on TV he seemed great. The rest of the album though I found very ordinary a couple of other tracks were just ok.
on 26 May 2014
I purchased this CD for my Daughter who loves it. Arriving next day, in great packaging that could be recycled. The music is great and is a very good collection from a very talented artist. Definately worth a listen to
on 28 June 2014
I bought this DC on the basis of really enjoying Dollar, by Aloe Blacc (which is not on the CD) but loving his voice. He sounds to me like Tracy Chapmans brother, big fan of hers too. I have played this over and over since I got it and it gets better with each play as all the songs were unfamiliar to me. Really enjoying it
on 26 May 2014
I chose this rating because the album is absolutely brilliant!

Probably one of the best albums this century.

Aloe's voice is sublime, constantly changing to meet and emphasize the lyrics and emotions - just buy it and you will enjoy it; have been playing it in the car ever since it arrived, have never got bored and got only positive feedback from passengers, most of whom wanted it; not a bad track on it.
on 5 May 2014
Love the mixture of soulfulness and country in this guy's voice, it's what makes it unique and easy to listen to, but he has the ability to adapt and change his voice as well so not every song sounds the same
on 24 August 2014
Very good album. Brought this album following Aloe Blacc's previous release and I feel it is even better. Although some of the lyrics are a bit repetitive, the production, sentiment of the lyrics, music and Aloe Blacc's voice are really good.
The above quote is from my daughter. However, I'm a mid-60s man and I also found this album very good. The guy has a great voice and a song writing style the listener doesn't often find these days.

Great album worthy of 5 stars