on 10 September 2017
Having read good reviews about this book I was really looking forward to trying the recipes, but they are not very wholesome, or inspiring.
Well presented though.
on 3 March 2017
very good
on 21 April 2017
I'm a long time on-off low carber, trying to branch out into a few more vegetarian meals, for health, ethical, environmental and cost reasons. It's hard to find new recipes when you've been at it a while, but this book has plenty of delicious surprises. The writing is also lovely with comments for each recipe and most of the recipes have very alluring pictures.
on 2 November 2014
This is a fab cookbook. So far I have made four recipes up and they have been loved by my family. Recipes are easy to follow and inspiring. I haven't been able to source soy flour yet and would like some suitable alternatives to be listed but I'm sure I will find something. Would strongly recommend this book.
on 9 March 2015
I found this book very helpful. As a vegetarian I find it can be difficult to follow a low carb diet but this book proved otherwise. I've tried a number of the recipes to date and have enjoyed them all.
on 19 July 2014
As a newly wheat-free (egg & cheese eating) vegetarian who's fighting the flab, I've been finding it confusing trying to manage a low carb diet, so was thrilled by this book.
A pleasing size (21x21cm) with quality shiny paper & plenty of mouthwatering full colour pictures, although not for EVERY recipe. A good cook book engages ALL the senses, so has to feel nice & have tempting pictures, or they'll just get left on a shelf .... & for me, eyes are the first triggers of appetite!
Full of simple, easy to prepare, delicious recipes that I'm systematically working through. They've been very well received by the family (relieved to see the back of cardboard-y low fat fare), although I have to serve with extra buttery potatoes for my skinny 'not bothered about carbs' husband & son). PS. Weight is just slipping away & since giving up wheat, I feel 10 years younger too.
on 19 March 2015
Disappointed with the recipes in this book. Was looking forward to a new approach to a healthier diet but after a first quick read I have put it away.
on 18 December 2015
I can't think of any recipe that we have tried so far that has disappointed. The instructions are easy to follow and the results are delicious. We especially like the breakfasts - Kerala style eggs, Turkish eggs, and the Three minute egg and mushroom bowl are all perfect for lazy weekend mornings. My copy is looking scruffy and spotty: the best compliment that can be paid to a cookery book must be the clear evidence of much use!
on 7 January 2015
So these recipes are really low carb and gluten free but they are almost exclusively cheese/dairy or egg based.
TOP 500 REVIEWERon 14 February 2014
I'm not trying to lose weight or a vegetarian but I have a mild intolerance to wheat products and am always looking for easy, healthy recipes so this ticks lots of boxes for me.

Lots of these recipes are easy and fuss-free but work really well: cottage cheese scrambled eggs are a revelation, and there are some lovely things to do with tofu (teriyaki tofu with roasted broccoli, Thai hot and sour salad with crispy tofu). I also really like the warm aubergine salad with Caemembert, and some new soup ideas (cauliflower, coconut and cardamom). The idea of roasting olives was completely new to me but they work very well.

There's a handy menu planner at the end which pulls together ideas from across the book for and suggests things for quick after-work dinners, or lunchboxes, or for having friends round.

An excellent collection of recipes, whether you're vegetarian, low-carb, gluten-free or not.