Customer reviews

Empire of the Undead
Format: Audio CD|Change

TOP 500 REVIEWERon 31 March 2014
If there is one thing you can say about Gamma Ray it's that they have a knack for being reliable. They never release (or at least what I would consider) bad music.

This album is not going to set the world on fire but it is a good effort. The songs are quite catchy, have great solos and catchy riffs. There are a few stand out tracks "Hellbent" "Palerider" and "Empire of the Undead". They're old school heavy metal at it's finest, pure balls to the wall!

Any heavy metal fan would do good to pick this up.

(Hopefully they will release a special "Wig" edition so we can have the same charming head warmer that is currently being used by Kai Hansen. :P )
3 people found this helpful
on 12 June 2014
Another great album and probably their best for years. Not sure how any metal band could generate anything better than "Pale Rider" or "Avalon" as sing along anthems. The dual guitars just work so well.

I was a little worried that the change of drummer would make the band sound different, but it does not.

Truley an album that can stay on repeat play for ages and you feel no need to change it. :-)

In ten years time I can see this being one of my most played GR albums (unless of course they bring out something even better between times).
One person found this helpful
on 18 November 2016
Best album by gamma for very long time superb
on 6 April 2014
We love you Gamma we do, we love you Gamma we do, we love you Gamma we do OOOOOOOh Gamma Ray we love you !! They have delivered yet another awesome CD, yet to watch the dvd part but the new drummer is awesome and the songs fab ........ just wish Gamma Ray would perform more in the U.K
on 4 April 2014
Gamma ray always deliver a no nonsense rock album.
After many years of being a fan, the guys never seem to let me down.
This is no different with Kai Hansen at the helm steering the steady ship.
There is a mix of hard rocking tracks like Hellbent,Pale Rider to softer tracks like Time for Deliverance.
I f you like bands like Iron Maiden,Helloween,Judas priest then check this guys out!!!!
on 18 April 2014
We need more bands like this, real music with feeling. every track is fantastic. cant stop listening to the track Avalon. Brilliant album :)
on 21 March 2016
tank you
on 20 August 2015
It's metal music enough said
on 5 May 2014
Great album, definitely the best of last 3-4.

I like some diversity in my Gamma Ray, and that's just it!
on 30 March 2015
Amazing album from Gamma Ray, back to roots.