Off The Ground
Format: Audio CD|Change

on 6 February 2017
Off The Ground had some wonderful b-sides connected to it and, this being a 2 disc set and an expensive one at that, I thought the 2nd disc would include them. I have seen versions that do.
This isn't one of them!
Disc 2 contains 2 songs, Long Leather Coat and Kicked Around No More.
My fault for assuming you'd get what you paid for but the Japanese double disc is a disappointment for the money.
No one has reviewed anything but the single disc version on Amazon.
Another lousy job by Amazon for not making the distinction.
People have complained about this way of doing things for so long you'd think they'd have remedied that by now.
One person found this helpful
on 14 April 2015
I bought this as I already owned all the McCartney albums from Flaming Pie through to New and had missed Off The Ground when it was released. When I first listened to it I didn't think it was anything like as strong as his more recent albums from Chaos and Creation onwards, including Electric Arguments. I went back to Off the Ground some weeks after buying it and found I was wrong and that it is at least as strong as his more recent output. I don't think there is a weak track on the album. It's an album that really grows on you. It's now one of my favourite McCartney albums. How this album got bad reviews when it was released I cannot imagine. It's great. Nice one Paul. Please keep on making great music.
on 1 March 2018
Probably underrated but still writes some beautiful lyrics
on 11 November 2015
I very much like this Paul McCartney album it has some good catchy songs on here.
on 5 December 2013
not as bad as it was reviewed at the time of release with a few quite good songs..but "Biker like an icon"...please!
2 people found this helpful
on 25 April 2015
Very happy , another switch to CD. What can I say its Paul, love him!
on 3 August 2017
searching for a past Macca cd found this and how pleased I am. If you want value for money buy this.
on 26 February 2015
very good album
on 4 October 2015
Good
|0Comment|Report abuse
on 4 March 2004
My opinion of this album has changed a fair bit over the years and, though it is far from his best, there are some things to recommend it (At least musically).

The title track, Hope of Deliverance, I Owe It All To You, Golden Earth Girl, The Lovers That Never Were, Winedark Open Sea, C'Mon People do make up for the slightly ludicrous lyrics on Biker Like An Icon or the preachy Looking For Changes.

I used to think it was terrible and, though it is still not the place to start if you have a passing interest in McCartney's work and want to know more, it still has its moments.
13 people found this helpful