on 27 June 2017
This really helped me with my 3rd child when I felt I was doing everything wrong for my little guy. Instead of feeling like a failure, I felt like a normal parent after reading just a little and realised that my child was actually normal too! I was encouraged and looked towards the future when my boy would be able to get about by himself, and wouldn't be so frustrated. He's very clever and funny and independent, even at 13 months old...so this book helped me come to terms with being a mother of my fussy baby
on 24 January 2013
Well, I'm five weeks into parenting what is turning out to be a very high need baby. I have been tearing my hairout with frustration and blaming myself for my baby not being able to settle.

Cue someone on an online forum recommending this book! I ordered immediately and eagerly awaited delivery!

It dropped in my doorstep and somehow imanaedoread bits while holding said 5 week old connstantly. I was immediately comforted that it wasn't just me, that there were other parents out there with similar babies and that there were ways through these hard times.

Given that I never get chance to sit down and spend any length of time reading, I was dubious about wasting my money but its great for dipping in and out of as and when my baby will allow me.

If you find yourself with a baby that seems somewhat distressed and unsettled all the time, a baby that refuses point blank to be parted from you, a baby that bypasses crying and goes straight in for the SCREAM, and a baby with more willpower than you've ever seen before then this book is for you.

Not only will it make you feel better about yourself,it will help provide coping strategies and be your companion through the journey. You'll be given so much advice off people who have had or got 'easy babies' and you'll wonder why none of it works, as well as feeling pangs of jealousy that these other people have happy, content little babas - this book helps to deal with all of that.
3 people found this helpful
on 17 July 2016
I cannot say that I hated the book, nor that I loved it. Although there are some great ideas it is not really worth buying The Fussy Baby Book especially if you have read The Good Behaviour Book since most of advices are discussed in the latter.

However I found the parents’ stories somewhat reassuring that I will survive rising my adorable energy draining high need baby. But I guess you can find those on the internet…

In addition I’m pretty sure I received a copy of the book. The dimensions doesn’t match product dimensions indicated in the details section (and the size is way different from The Good Behaviour Book which is from the same series), picture on the cover is low resolution, letters in the text are stretched. That was kind of disappointing…
review image
on 15 April 2017
Excellent book for those who have high needs babies. Helped me understand my little one so much more. The only criticism I would have is over the size of the book as it's quite big and therefore fiddly to read. Also most of the content is all on the internet.
on 28 July 2013
I've found Dr Sears principles really useful when it comes to parenting my child and whilst the principles of parenting a high need child are really useful I found that this book literally didn't provide me with any more help than the FREE information provided on the Dr Sears website.
2 people found this helpful
on 26 March 2017
But very good if you just take a few of the suggestions on board.
on 24 May 2015
Reassuring read which helped me better understand my baby's quirks and appreciating them. I found the advice/coping strategies fairly obvious though - no new info gathered here!
on 6 December 2013
Really informative book, lost of advices and suggestions, although our little daughter has not had classic colics we think is a high need girl as Sears defines this kind aof babies. We feel now more free to go our own methods, trying to know our daughter rythms. We think Sears has come to develop or at least explain an incredible parenting way. Highly recommended for all parents.
on 17 March 2017
Life saving book! Gave me the confidence to know it's not me and my parenting - it's my baby's personality and everything I'm doing matches his personality perfectly. Clever baby that he is
on 5 March 2016