on 19 September 2014
I've read my fair share of frugal living books, but so far this one has to be the most enjoyable! At first, I thought I'd made a bad choice as it looked like an almost bullet point rehash of every other hint & tip. I was so very wrong, I was drawn into the authors friendly, no nonsense attitude that was Frank & came from the heart of someone who knows exactly what it's like to have a financial crisis dumped in your lap!

On finishing the book I have a long list of websites & valuable information to check out & try, along with a very strong urge to join the forum that runs alongside the website & book!

As a mum of one & a puppy that could eat a horse, I need all the hints I can get to provide for us, not just the basics, but the treats & the school trips that come alongside with motherhood! So, that being said, I would like to give the author a wholehearted "Thank You"!!
on 29 May 2017
Rec thanks
on 20 January 2014
Another little gem. Simple straight forward and a way to break out of the debt spiral and also into a better quality of life! Well done
on 2 August 2014
Just comments from the forum and responses
on 5 February 2014
It looks as if this book was put together in an afternoon by cutting and pasting tips posted on a web forum.
What I found most I irritating is that the potentially useful items such as food recipes, are nothing more than a title linking to a website. Useless if you're reading this book while offline! And if I were online, it would be quite irritating to have to jump back and forth between Kindle and Safari. All in all, lazy editing without originality.
on 22 January 2014
I would recommend this book to anyone who wants to embrace frugal living and wants some orginal tips. I have followed Elaine's blog for about a year now but there is always something new that I hadn't thought of. She knows her stuff and her knowledge comes through but what I like is the balanced way she brings up her children and managing family life so it embraces frugality and her kids never go without. She is not affraid to try new things and shows me how you can enjoy life in a frugal way. Enjoyable read. Thanks Elaine!
on 20 January 2014
This is an excellent book full of useful frugal tips shared by the readers of Elaine Colliar's blog. There are lots of interesting articles to read which will help readers reduce their everyday household spending and stretch things further. I would highly recommend this to anyone trying to take control of their finances.
on 20 January 2014
Perfect for those looking for ideas to help slim down your spends. Something I will be refering back to over and over. Thank you :-)
on 12 June 2016
I really enjoyed this book and found it very helpful indeed; not least for the link to the really reasonable on-line shop. I think it is a bargain for all the information it contains plus the links to other useful and interesting sites and the lovely recipes.
I liked the friendly, down to earth style of Elaine's writing and didn't mind the BGK allusions but I agree with another reviewer that "LOL" is an extremely overworked acronym and I would be happy never to see it, or hear it, again!
I will be using many of the tips in the book and hope to live more frugally in the future without compromising on taste or lifestyle. It can be done!
on 5 January 2017
I really liked quite a number of the tips in this book. I particularly liked the theme that you don't need to do everything in order to save money. Just the ones that work for you and your family. And the tips to implement the ones you want but have struggled with so far.

I already know the importance of a few tips, such as saving an emergency fund. But it gives you little ways to do so if you struggle to build this up. And reinforces why you do what you do.

Oh and the tip about having a goal after being debt free. Debt free isn't the goal. Your dream and getting there is the goal!