on 24 March 2017
Well, unusually for me, i bought this before i read the reviews. I was really disappointed in myself for buying first, reading later. I decided to return the package. However, when i got home from work, there was a big package in the hallway just waiting to be opened. So i did. And im really happy that i did so. After opening the actual box, all pieces were neatly packed and devided into small bags. I sighed at the sight of that but proceeded to make my 4 yr old happy as she kept asking if it's ready every 2 minutes with exicitement. The castle, when assembled correctly, is itself very sturdy, colourful just as picture. Nothing came apart, even when moved from place to place. Lots of different accesories that come with it are cute and so easy to play with. She is still playing with it. Its been quiet for 2 hours. Awesome.
on 30 December 2015
The Twilight Sparkle Rainbow Kingdom is a nice little castle for MLP fans. My daughter had this on her Christmas wishlist and couldn't wait to open it. My daughter is at ease putting lego sets together but found the castle very tricky and needed help to put it together. The cardboard parts for the back of the castle were tricky to keep in place before fitting the tops to keep them where they should be. The pins that should fit through the cardboard are too big for the holes so really don't help keep it in place. It could be a lot better designed to make it easier to put together.
Once assembled, the Kingdom looks cute and has been played with a great deal since Christmas day. It has also stayed together once assembled so is pretty strong once you manage to get the castle together.
Any MLP fan would love the castle, just be prepared with fiddly assembly but a nice set if you don't have a lot of room for the bigger MLP castle.
on 29 February 2016
My daughter was overwhelmed at Christmas when she received it as she is a massive my little pony fan.. once built after one hour of putting it together it became very difficult to keep together as its too many fiddly little items that don't fit correctly and the structure itself is not modular enough to be robust and once knocked it's like a giant deck of cards and you have jigsaw puzzle on your hands (recommend keeping the instruction manual in a safe place as you will need it again, again and again) Needs a parent with good building skills and a lot of patience... not recommended for children under the age of 5yrs as it can cause alot of tears and upset '''
on 10 December 2015
She's going to be happy as nagged for this.. Took few days under a week for delivery. Half the price of popular shops Argos ect . So pleased .looks ok ffor
Tha price. Don't know how strong it is as ots for Xmas. But £20 its ok and will make a girl happy.wouldnt recommend tho cheap no rooms really.get something else.cant believe they charging more such as £29/£39 rip off.
on 1 January 2015
Brought this as a christmas present for my daughter. She loves it and loves playing with all the features. I'm not as impressed. The pink heart that sits on the top floor doesn't fit propery and keeps falling over. The claps on the wardrobe and treasure chest doesn't work so using the keys in pointless. So glad I didn't pay full price for this item although annoyed that I didn't still purchase this and the quality is very poor.
on 13 April 2015
My girls love this play set to bits, which is why it has 4 stars. It's their joy that counts, but it doesn't clip together particularly well so I am constantly reassembling it, grr! That said, it does hold their interest even 4 months after Christmas ( it's still one of their favourite toys).
on 18 July 2016
Fantastic play set for little girls!
This was a birthday present for my daughter and she loves it! Only problem we have is it all staying together as it can fall apart If it's moved around a lot!
Other than that it was a good price compared with other places I'd looked and it arrived in good time!
on 29 October 2015
For £40 you would expect something fairly sturdy.
But this is really flimsy and forever falling apart.
I have built it hundreds of times, and despite only gentlr play it just falls apart resulting in tears.
on 19 January 2015
My daughter loves it. A nightmare to erect, 5 mins later, in bits. After putting it back together a dozen or more times, out came the superglue. Awful quality but was the No:1 pressie on the christmas list so i had to get it. Over priced rubbish in my opinion although my daughter would not agree. 3 weeks later & she's still playing with it so can't grumble to much, can i?
on 19 January 2016
I'm not even giving this 1 star! Bought for Christmas 2015 for daughter and it doesn't bloody stay together!! It's a waste of money. My daughter can't play with it at all, it breaks every time it's touched. I'm really annoyed, if I bought it from a shop I would have taken it straight back! My daughter was so upset as she really wanted to play with it. Do not buy!!!!!!!