on 31 December 2014
I have been crocheting on and off for the last 32 yrs and I still think of myself as a beginner. I love finding new things to crochet and when I came across this book I could not resist trying it out.
I love this book, it is well laid out and the pictures are clear and easy to follow and there are pot holder projects in the back for you to try.
I am now hooked on Tunisian crochet thanks to this book, I have gone and bought myself a complete set of Tunisian hooks to go along side my traditional hook.
ANYONE THINKING OF BUYING THIS BOOK WILL NOT GO WRONG
on 5 April 2017
I bought this because I've done ordinary crochet but never 'Tunisian' and wanted to learn. It is absolutely brilliant for anyone who wants to learn to basic stitches. The instructions are very clear and easy to follow and there are several basic stitches included. There are a few patterns also, but that isn't really the point of this book. The patterns included are just practice pieces really. If you want a book of patterns then get a pattern book, but if you want to learn how to do these stitches, then this is a must. Incidentally, I am now a complete convert to this attractive method of crochet.
on 12 March 2014
Great for beginners with good photos and links to videos. Nice pot holder projects which could be turned into dish clothes or blanket squares.
on 3 April 2014
Good instructions, easy to follow. Can't fault it for the price. Would have liked it better if the patterns were for items other than potholders.
on 1 June 2017
Already done a couple.
on 21 May 2017
This is for wet days on holiday, so cant really say very much, but it looks good, and reasonably easy to follow.
on 25 April 2016
excellent for beginners like me, good photos with easy to understand instructions
waiting for my hooks before I can use it fully, but looks good.
on 22 February 2014
Clearly set out instructions and graded difficulty pattens. Simple stitch making patterns pages plenty of excellent illustrations in fully colour
on 27 July 2014
I AM 57 years of age. I've never crocheted as didn't have a mother figure to show me and have tended to feel a bit cack handed and feeble minded when trying to understand how to do it from books. This book is different. Every misunderstanding or doubt is clearly and visibly overcome.
I'm off to find a crochet hook to try and make an Afghan size pot holder :) That's how confident I feel. So thank you Ms Cousins. Five stars to you if you wish me luck! I'll take it as already wished. mandyqks@gmail.com