on 8 April 2017
pleasantly surprised by this heater. very easy to set up,just screw on the four feet using a screwdriver and it's ready. on pluging in and switching on the flame effect,which is dimmable with a rotary controll behind the control cover,it has a quite realistic effect and looks very good. the fan has it's own rocker type switch and switching this on will blow cool air for those warm days. switching on the low heating provided a lovely amount of heat,just right to take the chill off a room to a comfortable level. turn on the second switch for full heat,and it really does pump out the heat. my 13'z12' room was warm within 10 mins,a little too warm for me,but it has a thermostat that you can set to your own prefference which is great. for the money this has all the features of much more expensive fires (it has more than my dimplex in the lounge wich cost £170 as i said,it looks very good and works perfectly. it is also i should mention fairly quiet in operation,not distracting at all in my opinion. well worth the money, hope this helps. it is an honest review and i was not bribed by anyone to say good things.... steve
on 3 May 2014
It is just what I wanted and more, and, amazingly, arrived the next day, thank you Hermes.
I was pleasantly surprised as this little gem looks even nicer than the photo, and being compact it fits perfectly in my flat.
I love the choice of heat settings, and a fan only setting, plus thermostat and adjustalbe flame/light settings, It runs practically silently, unlike a 'bargain' one purchased recently that clangs and clatters away whatever the setting.
The delivery man said he had one too and it does a grand job, he is right.
So impressed with the maker, supplier and delivery....result!!!!
0Comment| 100 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on 9 December 2016
I live in an old farm house on a moor surrounded by countryside and sheep. I get's very very cold, very easily where I live. I bought one of these VonHaus electric heaters to keep my kitchen warm. I really didn't think it would do the job I was after but I was wrong.

The heater does it's job perfectly. Once again... farm house. moor, countryside, cold house, warm kitchen. great product.

It does the job so well for the price and size that I bough another 2. Very pleased.
on 8 December 2016
Works like a charm ! Looks great (Looks much more expensive than it is ) and kicks out some serious heat ! Use it to warm my outdoor workshop (10 x 18 ft) and you only need it on for 20 mins or so on full whack to really warm the place up - Very happy and would buy another !
on 22 February 2017
was a bit concerned when it turned up with damaged outer box. and the size of the heater looked small. but should not have been concerned. the heater looks great, and works really well. and for the price, can not be beaten....
on 28 July 2017
Delivery was super fast,well packed and so easy to just fix the legs on.Did have a bit of a hiccup when I plugged it in and it didn't work, franticly switching buttons on and off but I read the instructions and it mentioned a balance switch underneath which I pressed and on it came! I was worried that it might look tacky being such a good price but I wasn't disappointed, absolutely love it.I then put the fake stove pipe on the top and it looked so realistic that I think people could be fooled into thinking it was real.for the price its amazing value.
on 13 October 2015
This fire is fantastic. We have wanted a fireplace for years but our house is 70's mid terrace with no chimney so anything real was impossible. After seeing something similar in b&q (for over double the price) we looked on here and bought this based on the reviews.
We were not disappointed. We are absolutely delighted with this little fire. It has transformed our living room into such a cosy space. We have had friends ask whether it is a real woodburner! We have it on every day, often without heat just for the cozy effect because it feels so nice. I love how you can adjust the flame brightness.
When we have had it on with heat it really kicks out loads of heat. It has over-heated a couple of times and then the entire thing will no longer do anything, no flame effect alone, we were worried it was broken but on turning it off and leaving for about 15mins to cool down it was then back to normal again. It's a good safety feature but something to be aware of invade you think it is broken, it's not!
Such a bargain price and would recommend to everyone.
review image
0Comment| 57 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on 6 June 2017
I received this fire promptly after placing the order. It is exactly as described on the web site. I, and more Importantly my wife, were more than pleased with it. Even the fan only emits a very low sound. The unit can also provide welcome cool air to be circulated around the room whilst having the pleasing effect of a real flame. It provides a psychological effect of warmth in the room for much less than much more expensive models. We have it in a small sitting room and even with 1 bar on the room heats up very quickly.
Just a pity the knobs were not that terrible orange colour!
on 18 October 2017
overall a good product, however not as advertised the insert in mine is completely different to the one pictured, hardly any detail and the faux grate inside is just smooth and orange tinted, so lost a couple of stars for that.
review image
on 5 January 2016
I do like it, so does 'the cat'. It's a good little stove. It's running at about 14p an hour to operate (10 cents US) -and for a ten hour day, that's £1.40 in electric use, this equals 1/4th of my heating costs when I use the biomass heating system. I bought two of them. One in the bedroom warms the room in minutes. One in the sitting room warms that room and the adjoining kitchen in about 10 minutes. The weather is 11C daytime/6-7C nighttime, and still these stoves are keeping the rooms toasty. The flame effect is quite realistic and the stoves are small enough to not take up too much space and light enough to move from place to place if I wanted to; also they aren't noisy. I had my doubts about the wattage only being 1850, but it is sufficient. I also hesitated because of the price, for under £50 each, these stoves are a real bargain. I would recommend this product, even if buyers do not have 'a cat'.

UPDATE Jan 2017:
I've had to replace the bulbs in both of these heaters I bought. One now has to have the bulbs replaced a second time.
One heater, the most frequently used, now has little heat output whether using one heating element or the other. Using both together to rectify poor heat output results in a 'hot metal' smell. Now looking at a replacement heater. Unlikely another one of these.