on 16 June 2015
BBCs fourth and most eclectic album- Jack Steadmans journeys around the world have resulted in the imaginative and creative use of a wide variety of sounds without losing the superb ear for melody that characterise the band s best work. While not as brilliant as the magnificent Flaws, the bands second and, in my view, one of the greatest albums ever there is a great deal to enjoy on So Long, See you tomorrow including the title track which closes the album. It's alright now, Luna, Home by now and Whenever,Whereve are sublime, beautifully crafted songs which rank with the bands finest. This album needs some patience to listen to but it "grows" on you with every listen
One person found this helpful
on 31 July 2017
The final album to date from the now-defunct group, this represents some of the most imaginative and rewarding music of the last decade, for my money. Stand-out tracks were 'Carry Me', 'Luna' and 'Feel', but the whole thing is simply great to listen to, not only for fans. Subsequent solo musical offerings from frontman Jack Steadman and bassist Ed Nash- Mr Jukes and Toothless, respectively- are also well worth giving a listen.
on 7 March 2014
This album received lukewarm reviews, with the usual good, bad, doesn't quite work format...

One review by tabloid 'journo' stated that the song 'Carry Me' was an unsuccessful experiment....??

My point of view as a musician myself is that this band are the most instinctive, talented and unique bunch of people you will hear, they are an incredible live experience and this album is extraordinary.....fact. It is crafted to ebb and flow seamlessly and carries you (pardon the pun) through it, grinning from beginning to end. I'm not saying that you have to be a musician to get this at all but what they create is really, really stunning, from a talent point of view there are no bands in the UK today at this level...

It has to be 5 stars for this, Summer is on it's way and this music is made for it.
5 people found this helpful
on 21 June 2015
Another great album from the BBC: I'm generally a big fan of their work but I think this album compares particularly well (in quality & enjoyment) with their amazing debut album "I had the blues but..." (which is still one of my all time favorite albums), though with perhaps a bit more of a "loved-up" vibe to it. Withstands repeat listenings very well as it seems you hear a little something extra the more you listen to it. Beautiful music.
VINE VOICEon 19 June 2014
but how? Anyway, they're pulling it off.

This time it's a more poppie approach but don't run off, there's still plenty of classic BBC style here too. 44 mins of no duffers, festivalable excellence. Luna is my standout (as it is for many it seems) and I actually prefer the full fat album version over the more typical BBC version seen/heard on various online outlets.

Beat this album then BBC, go on I dare ya!
One person found this helpful
on 13 March 2014
I bought this after hearing one track on the radio - It's taken me some time to get into this album. I really like the songs and presentation (I bought the vinyl version - so I can actually see the cover art and read the lyrics). I particulaly like the backing vocal arrangements, which are very sympathetic to the music. I like the unusual arrangements but sometimes I think the sound becomes a bit muddled and "over produced" - However, best album by a modern artist that I've heard for some time.
on 19 February 2014
Really enjoying this, rhythmic, lyrical, melodious, one track follows seamlessly from another, nothing jars, I listen to it over and over.
7 people found this helpful
on 22 April 2014
This is one of the best albums I've bought in a long time. Very different to most of their other stuff that I'd heard but I was really pleasantly surprised. I bought it about 6 weeks ago and I can say that I've comfortably listened to it about 20 times and I'm not yet bored. Perfect summer music, but also good to have on in the background in the office or at home. I think the fact that it's very different is part of the appeal, but I've had a lot of people ask me "Who is that? It's really good." when listening to it at work or with friends. Flawless, a must buy!
on 13 May 2018
not as good as shook the blues album but still great songs
on 30 June 2014
A BOXSET THATS WELL WORTH OWNING.NOT ONLY A SIGNED DIGI CD...WOW...BUT A HEAVYWEIGHT VINYL ALBUM AND AN EXCLUSIVE 7" ECT ECT...I KNOW ITS EXPENSIVE BUT A SIGNED CD...AND VINYL x 2 ONE EXCLUSIVE AND ONLY IN THE BOXSET.DONT MISS OUT BEFORE IT BECOMES TOO EXPENSIVE..