Customer reviews

Format: Kindle Edition|Change
Price:£1.49

on 22 January 2013
This book is a gem. If I had to pick one book to have as a guide on how to live life, this would be it. All the books I have ever read about self-improvement, insight, enlightenment, the spiritual path and how to live life are expressed here clearly and simply. I love this book so much that I have just ordered 2 more, so that I can have a copy with me wherever I am.

This is also the best translation I have read.
on 29 June 2017
A breath of fresh air ... I'll be buying loads more copies as gifts for friends. Tiny book to carry with you at all times, a reminder ...
on 20 October 2013
The most wonderful piece of Zen writing I have ever read. A small ten pages or less poem beautifully translated, an absolute must buy for any aspiring Buddhist of any tradition.
on 23 August 2005
If reading the poems of Ryokan, Basho or Han Shan send chills down your spine, or the palpable beauty of the Tao Te Ching takes your breath away, then I humbly recommend this. Its simplicity, brevity and overpowering beauty keeps me returning to it again and again, more than any other book I own. And for those reasons again, it has become for me a spiritual refuge, guide and companion within life. The artwork too.....this is wonderful book.
on 17 October 2014
Brilliant!
on 20 May 2016
I've now been sent two of these and both booklets have been put together in the wrong order. It's a fantastic poem but you really ought to read it in the right order.