Customer reviews

Format: Kindle Edition|Change
Price:£2.90

on 24 February 2017
A fascinating book, really well researched and presented. A truly horrifying story but told with empathy and compassion. A little warning to anyone who doesn't know the end of the story (and I'm no talking about 'the end' in the obvious way) - don't look at the pictures halfway through the book because they give away some information that is revealed at the end.
on 12 March 2017
I saw the movie to this years ago when I was a teenager, I remember crying and it having a affect on me for weeks after, it broke my heart what Steven went through, even after coming home, heartbreaking to read but well worth it to read about a very strong brave young lad, who deserved to life a long life.
on 1 July 2017
Such a terribly sad true story, but like any good fiction book you want to keep reading to see what happens next. I actually wanted to read this book as I knew the story about Steven Stayner's older brother Cary. Unbelievable that so much could happen to one family. You couldn't make it up.
on 10 March 2017
Saw the film many years ago & decided to buy the book. It was more in depth & gave a little more information, well worth the read
on 13 July 2017
Just read this whole book in three hrs total was very factual. And unlike the film was more interesting to know the real story thank you for gracing me with this book and God bless you Steven stayer rip an inspiration to many people
on 16 February 2017
Tragic story with huge amounts of follow up information. A really interesting read.
on 29 May 2015
great
on 9 March 2017
Absolutely incredible story, despite it being hard to read through some parts of the book due to the nature of what Steven went through. Well written, packed with first-hand information from those who knew Steven and those he met. This book has definitely stayed with me and I'd be surprised if it didn't have the same effect on anyone else who reads it. A must-read, for sure.
on 28 October 2004
After having read Caroline Roberts' book "The Lost Girl", I felt sure that nothing could come close to such an emtionally disturbing book... this book is not far short of that!
As one reviewer points out, this is an 'emotional memoir'. I am fascinated how these 'damaged' people manage to repair themselves from such emotional and phyisical attack. This book is an educational device that could help those reach a better understanding of what mankind is all about.
on 6 October 2004
As an avid reader of true crime books I have to admit that the main reason I bought this book in the first place was to read about the Carey Stayner case, although I had a vague recollection of seeing the tail end of the film of the same name.
However, as I read the first few chapters I was stunned at the contents & many times had to put the book away. This book has got to be the most emotional book I have ever read & I will freely admit that I have never cried whilst reading a book or watching a movie.
I sobbed myself silly reading this.
Unfortunately this book does not come with a happy ending & the chapters detailing the trial again left me reeling at the leniency of the conviction handed to known paedophile Ken Parnell. However I take comfort in the knowledge that he is back in prison & this time it's a life-term.