on 20 April 2014
This is a great recording, with modern instruments, of this great Passion. The only "historical" instrument I've seen is a wonderful viola da gamba wich is used in two arias.

I've enjoyed twice this blu-ray, first obviusly with the Passion itself, then with the very well made documentary with excerpts of the rehearsals and some educational and insight points of view of the conductor, John Nelson, about this great Passion, J.S. Bach and his music.

I think all players performed very well and that this is, in my opinion, a well balanced performance. All soloists are great, and I think that the bass who sing the arias and the evangelist did oustanding interpretations.

The image is in high definition, with a lot of cameras, and the sound is perfect.

Please excuse my English. English is not my mother tongue, but I've seen that this blu-ray had any reviews and I think it deserves at least this humble opinion.