Customer reviews

Rave Tapes
Format: MP3 Download|Change
Price:£5.99

on 22 March 2017
They just keep doing the same thing but with enough variation to make each album its own thing. Variations on a theme that works.
on 4 June 2017
Beautiful thing of mellow sounds and uplifting melodies .... the song Blues Hour is a magical self-reflection on human existence ... I love this album.
on 9 July 2014
If you like them you'll already own this but it is another step on the sonic adventure that is Mogwai. Not the best thing to start out with but very good all the same
on 29 October 2015
This is the first Mogwai album i have ever listened to. I enjoyed their soundtrack to Les revenants, and I listened to a track from this album in the record shop which persuaded me to give it a go. On getting the record home I was initially disappointed. But then I discovered the key. I find that if I listen to this late at night it sounds like a wonderful, mesmerising work of art. But if I put if on during the daylight hours it leaves me completely cold, and utterly bored.
review image
on 26 August 2017
Prompt delivery- well packaged, no breaking.
It is one of Mogwai's best albums in my opinion, mellow post-rock, great for the evening/night hours, when I do a bit of evening work.
I just love it.
on 21 January 2014
This is Their best album for a long time, no question. We aren't expecting Like Herod part 2, but what we get is a dreamy, electro guitar slow burner that affects in the same way as the quadruple guitars of old. I have been listening through my iPad sat in a hotel room in Philadelphia watching the snowpocalypse that cancelled my flight home. It is the perfect soundtrack. I appreciate the review of all the tracks someone posted, but this album can't be broken apart - it isn't a Now compilation, it is a whole.
I have the vinyl waiting for me when I get home, and I am sure that will only add to the pleasure of this release.
All the songs a beautiful builders, with an element of menace, just buy it.
on 7 April 2014
A bias review from a Mogwai fan. I think taking time out to record the excellent sound track to the Returned has seemingly inspired them. Although I don't believe they have recorded a bad Album, Hardcore will never die but you will, was certainly not their best. There are instant classics like Re murdered and slow burners like No medicine for regret on this outing, that signal a real return to form. If this is your first Mogwai Album its not a bad place to start. If you want a comparison if un familiar with their music, just think Sigur Ros with a set of balls.

Vic P.
on 4 August 2014
Excellent stuff, Excellent stuff, Excellent stuff,Excellent stuff,Excellent stuff,Excellent stuff,Excellent stuff,Excellent stuff,Excellent stuff,Excellent stuff,Excellent stuff,Excellent stuf, fExcellent stuff
on 7 March 2014
It's been a while since I've really been interested by a Mogwai album, not really been that excited by a release since Happy Songs for Happy People or Mr Beast but saw a poster for it and thought I'd give it a whirl.

Oh. My. Gosh. It is awesome. Out of this world.

Standout tracks are Remurdered, Hexon Bogon, Repelish and No Medicine for Regret, but to be honest, the whole album is fabulous and has been played on repeat since I bought it.
on 19 February 2014
This takes Mogwai in a slightly different direction from their previous work but once again does not fail to deliver.
For me personally I found this album had more instant appeal where previous works took a few listens before you finally appreciated the absolute genius of this band.