on 4 November 2013
Whilst this book was written some time ago, it still held my attention as I read it. Some of the ideas in it are a little odd and difficult to grasp, as I already have a viewpoint of my own on the subject. There were for me some conflicting concepts and ideas about the subject of the book, but is still a good book to read.
If you think this is far from the current BBC TV series Atlantis, don't be surprised as that is - my opinion by the way, no one else's as far as I know - a load of old codswallop. The assumptions made in that drama appear to be based loosely on the TV program it made about the search for Atlantis, coming up with the idea that it was in the Mediterranean Sea... what a lot of something beginning with S. Why would the majority of research and maps available show Atlantis between the coasts of Western Africa and Eastern America?
on 8 February 2013
Very hard going and written in a quite 'old-fashioned' way. I also felt that it was a bit prejudiced in places. Haven't finished it because I can only read a bit at a time. Lots of information that need digesting.