on 21 March 2017
Douglas E Richards has produced another excellent techno thriller in Mind's Eye.
Nick Hall awakes with no memory of who he is or how he came to be hunted by professional killers.
He finds he has the ability to mentally surf the internet and can also read people's thoughts.
There follows a frantic adventure as Nick tries to answer these questions whilst staying alive!
As well as the thrilling nature of the novel, Richards cleverly explores the ethics, morality and consequences of having such abilities.
With only five typos in the entire 350pp plus novel, a minor miracle in today's publishing world, it's a fast-paced, gripping read. Highly recommended.
on 7 February 2016
Excellent combine of sci fi with "who done it" thrills and police/detective plot. Plenty of twists and turns grabs the reader attention throughout. Great read
on 23 February 2016
I found this an interesting sci-fi style thriller - but it was hard going - mainly because of the writing style. I don't want to give spoilers - but the ESP ability of the main character, whilst crucial to a lot of the story and fairly well worked in, just stretched things too far for me. The idea of being able to mind surf the web was well explored - but I think it was overdone.
My main criticism is that I found the explaining/telling style very wearing. It seriously detracted from the plot and I found myself skim reading large sections in order to get through it. I put this aside a few times because it was so distracting. All that said, I persevered. In summary I'd say good plot, interesting ideas, but could have been a lot better executed.
on 25 January 2016
not read yet
on 18 March 2016
A great book, intriguing idea, well written until the last third of the book when it spins off into racism (in this case Muslims). I was so disappointed that it stooped to such an low level.
11 Comment|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
I really enjoyed this book, picked it as part of the lending library and it's one of those books you can just go with the flow. Good action book with a dash of sci-fi/fantasy in the form of the main character having internet accessible via thought and via a bit of mind reading.

Great action adventure book providing you don't mind going with the flow, I'll be reading more from this author.
on 6 April 2014
This book opens with a series of clever scenes and has a clever 'near future' premise of being able to access the web by thought alone. However, after the active first third of the book, the middle sections and especially the end are totally bogged down in endless pages of turgid talk and explanantion, instead of showing us the action at the end, the author has his characters tell us what they did and why. How this book made it to the NY Times bestseller lists is beyond me, I had to speed read the finale and there was ludicrous dialogue and unbelieveable characters and situations everywhere.

In dire need of an editor, this was simplistic, overwritten and boring!
on 15 February 2014
I've read wired & also Amped, both by Douglas E Richards. Loved them both and couldn't wait for his next, which of course was MINDS EYE!
Excellent read as always with his books, bought it on kindle 2 days ago & couldn't put it down. Wouldn't mind having ESP for a day but I can see if this was for real in this day it would ruin the world. So much twists and turns how could you put it down? Highly recommend this along with Wired and also Amped! Loved the authors notes bit at the back aswell, good work Doug!
VINE VOICEon 5 April 2014
A fast paced tech thriller which hits the ground running from page one and asks a very interesting question about mind reading and mind control of the internet. I loved the premise of this book and boy did it deliver! I didn't want the book to end but couldn't stop reading it.

The characters were well written, however I did find some of the dialogue stilted to include information to keep readers on track rather than authentic believable dialogue. This did not distract from this fast paced story of our protagonist on the run.

Definitely one to keep you hooked until the end and a must read for cyber geeks!
on 22 August 2015