on 18 June 2016
It's a sad when the book I'm reading not only fails to hold my attention but it reminds me of a book I'd read the previous year, it took me a while to find it but I did and so I've just read Raine Falling for the second time and yes I enjoyed it just as much this time.
Firstly this is a long book, I know what you're thinking 354 pages isn't particularly long but it is, the print is small which makes a huge difference I've read books this length before in a fraction of the time, so you're getting a lot of reading for your money.
Now this book is not without it's faults but I just couldn't put it down which resulted in less than 3 hours sleep last night and the first thing I did on waking this morning was pick it up again.
As you can tell I found it addictive reading, in the past I've complained about characters not feeling real, not being developed enough, or having enough background none of this applies here, it's a mesmerising tale of life and love and I really enjoyed it.
on 18 January 2014
This book it amazing and very hard to put down it git to be one of my favourite books about MCs and will have you falling in love with both characters. I look forward to reading more books by Paula. I gave this book 5 stars and it deserved everyone of them. I highly recommend this book you will love it
on 20 January 2014
So emotional and brilliantly written, I cried happy and sad tears for nearly two thirds of the book! Loved the plot, glad it wasn't just about the romance, can't wait for more from this series and author a definite must read for anyone who likes biker books
on 20 January 2014
This book had so much potential great story complicated characters and long so value for money. So where did it go wrong, I felt it was rushed in parts especially the vital parts don't won't to give spoilers! But then it would be really slow when the main characters would think about things which got tedious I would of much preferred it to have been longer on the action parts,and not to mention no sex scenes I mean come on totally hot bikers and just inferred sex no juicy details is ridiculous. And last the way they talk sometimes was hard to follow. So in all honesty if you are looking for a biker book with Not much action no sex this is for you but me personally I wouldn't advise it.
on 29 March 2014
I really wanted to like this story!

The synopsis was very interesting and I sat down all ready to dive into a great MC love story!

I did not get that.

I understand having to build up the history of the characters, but it detracted from the present, the story you were supposed to be telling in a way.

It is very hard to feel like Raine and Diego made any sort of connection when I think in the book they had all of 5 actual conversation together! It is pretty much all inner dialogue with very little character dialogue.

Then to take away even further from us actually being able to become invested in the main characters, we get lengthy inner dialogues from a myriad of other characters.

I really struggled to actually give a damn about Diego and Raine (Diego especially suffered from a lack of focus given to him as a character). It was less an MC romance and more an MC Family Saga with a side story of a romance thrown in.

Am unsure as to why the warning on the book blurb above "Warning: Strong language, explicit sex" the sex scenes were very fade to black, and while I do not need a steamy sex scene, in this book, it just again, made you feel a lack of love and connection between the H/h. Where was the emotion!?

Too much time setting up the next book main couples! Claire/Reno and Jules/Glory.

A disappointing 2 stars for me.
on 26 March 2015
Fabulous book well written and the characters are brilliant. It is a little bit predictable but it's a fab romance that had me crying. Definitely worth a read if you love hea endings x
on 31 August 2014
Really REALLY cross, i bought and enjoyed this book as "game changer" last year and because I enjoyed it wanted to experience more of Ms Marinaro's work. To re-name and re-sell simply sucks!
on 16 January 2014
Really enjoyed this book after lots of bad books this was just my thing alpha male bikers a MC and some drama it is a lot cleaner then some books I have read and it's not that dark there are some violent scenes and talk of rape and domestic violence but not really intense I couldn't seem to get the images of the characters in my head but connected with them even had to get a tissue out😥 The editing is not great there are some daft mistakes but I've read worse if your looking for a MC fix this will more then likely do it there's no cliff hanger and a good epilogue just hope there's a follow up want Claire and Glorys stories next 🙏
on 26 January 2014
I think this book had the makings of a great story in it, in the end it was just okay. I found it hard to follow with the constant change of 1st and 3rd person dialog, or was it story telling? who knows it changed that often! it was almost a DNF (did not finish) for me due to the PoVs changing so often and the different storylines taking place, it almost seemed like there were loads of books combined, this may of been the authors way of opening up to further books, but it was unnecessary for the (further) storylines to be told in so much detail if this is the case. Raine and Diego's storyline was finished in the book but so many were left open and incomplete. I love MC novels and this has the makings of a 5 star read but due to the constant PoV changes and incomplete storylines unfortunately it's only a 2 star read for me.
on 17 January 2014
I love MC books and this one had just about everything that you could want. It was long, but it didn't drag and wasn't one big story about one event, it had various things going on, if that makes sense. Really hope there are more from this author. If you love gritty, MC books then I would highly recommend this one.