Customer reviews

on 23 December 2014
Quite simply, Stone Foundation are one of the most underrated bands around.
Admired by many live music fans, Stone Foundation are not likely to become a commercial success to the scale of the manufactured/fashionable/throw away music acts that seem to hit the scene so quickly and die away twice as fast.

Stone Foundation have a great back catalogue and this album just oozes class.
Saw them play numbers off this album live in Bilston and Nottingham - every track is a winner!

As the review title suggests, my purchase from Amazon was my second copy.
I originally bought a 'deluxe' release of vinyl and cd. The cd in that release just came in a clear plastic wallet.
Call me an old fuddy-duddy but I like to have an album cover to look at - so I bought another copy so I could admire the artwork by Horace Panter
One person found this helpful
on 20 March 2014
There are so many wonderful influences on this album. Stax, Atlantic, Muscle Shoals, Norman Whitfield plus a few " white soul boys" but it also has a feel of it's own. The album is full of warmth, feeling and of course soul. I first heard Stone Foundation playing the music for Joe Harris ( Undisputed Truth) on the Craig Charles Funk and Soul Show performing Papa was a Rolling Stone, the original version. I was blown away by their musicianship which is all too evident on this album. I have collected soul music for over 40 years and this is up with the best. I really recommend that if you have a liking for real soul that you give this a try. I loved the Stax house band with a passion. I think I am going to love Stone Foundation as much.
on 25 February 2018
Had to get this after buying the two later albums, just as good.
on 19 April 2017
Superb band
Great music
on 3 February 2016
Exciting funky ,jazzy sounding group that I have just discovered. I will be getting more of their music as its just fresh and different and great chill out music.
on 25 March 2018
Excellent service with few nice words on the invoice that makes it all "more personal". They really care about their service quality! Congrats!
on 30 March 2016
Much under rated band - great album - bonus cd welcome as useful to use in car.
on 15 April 2014
Stumbled across this band when they were supporting The Selecter at the weekend, and boy am I glad I did! As a fan of "real" music The Stone Foundation have raw talent, full of energy and most of all are fantastic at what they do and that is play good music!
If you only buy one album this year get this you won't be disappointed! Please come back to Newcastle soon! X
on 12 May 2014
Great band, big sound, not a track I didn't like. Can't wait for the next album, they must get some regular airplay soon, if their's any justice.
on 27 April 2014
Excellent c d never heard of the group the cd was recommended to me and i have not stopped playing it.