Customer reviews

Price:£2.49

on 5 March 2017
People have recommended this to me for years but I always heard negative hype in the press about it so didn't bother. Finally got round to it and watched the whole lot within a couple of days. I really loved it. I can see why it wouldn't appeal to many, but as a bit of a weirdo myself I saw a lot of my own experiences in these girls, and it's great to see so much normality in a big show. The characters are flawed, vulnerable and honest. I only wished I'd seen it at 24 myself, I might have spent less time worrying about how normal I was!
on 6 February 2015
Very funny and good to see a girl of average size playing the lead!
on 15 August 2017
AMAZING
on 21 March 2017
Purchased by mistake series is boring
on 12 December 2015
Awful
on 21 November 2015
I had heard great things about this and I was expecting something really close to the bone and cringingly funny. It started well, but it just turned into spoilt neurotic New York girls and I wanted to reach through the screen and shake them and shout, 'There's much harder, grosser and stranger characters you could have written about!' Overall, I'm disappointed. I thought it would have more bite about modern girl life. Even when things get rough for them, it's still slightly too glamorous. I think Lena Dunham's timing needs some work; it feels like she's missing beats and the constant over confessional speech starts to really grate. I would have hoped by halfway through the series she'd be halfway to finding a spine. So, let down by the tale of a young woman suddenly making it with her writing career (sounded like a dream come true) and finding the end result utterly disposable. The only saving grace is the character Jessa. Nails her comic timing every time.
on 31 December 2015
If your idea of fun is watching quite detestable characters, with not a remotely interesting or likeable trait among them, whining, complaining and acting like complete and utter idiots then you might like this show.

Otherwise avoid. Like the plague. Lena Dunham has created a cringworthy monster in this show.
on 24 February 2017
i was hoping for something like sex and the city. although its more real and i love the main character who looks like a normal girl with real issues and is really relateable i found the story line boring and it doesn't get much better in the other seasons.
on 5 March 2014
It's achingly real, extremely dry and very cleverly written and directed - its 'Sex and the City' for the noughites!
on 15 January 2016
Great show, hilarious and heart-warming. Refreshingly honest and very well-written. I can watch this show again and again.