on 10 May 2016
Buyer beware! I purchased this case in July 2014 and made a claim to snugg under the lifetime guarantee in May 2016. The case is falling apart on the back fold and the latch at the back has snapped. My claim has been rejected saying the guarantee doesn't cover fair wear and tear. A catch all which presumably means all claims are effectively rejected!
on 22 March 2014
The goods arrived expeditiously and were exactly as described. I have now been using my red Snugg iPad Air case for over a month and I have nothing but praise for the product. It is very well-designed, it looks smart and it protects the iPad Air very well indeed. It is an excellent product and I cannot fault it.
on 4 April 2016
I'm always on the lookout for a new iPad case, as it not only keeps the device protected but also gives the illusion of giving the tablet a makeover. I didn't have particularly high hopes for this case, as all of the cases of this sort of design that I've tried have been a let down. However, this one bucked the trend.

Firstly, the iPad Air fits excellently. There's no slack but at the same time it's not a struggle to squeeze it in. There's plenty of space around the ports and side buttons and I haven't found the case getting in the way at all.
Secondly, the build quality is great. All of the stitching is even and there are no hang-threads to be found anywhere. The leather is clearly a tough and durable one, not the sort of leather that's going to tear easily. There's no slack in it either - it's been stretched perfectly. The inside of the case is coated in a faux-suede type material which gives me confidence that I'm not going to pull my tablet out and it be covered in scratches.
Lastly there are the features. The inside of the cover is a hand strap which, to be honest, I mocked when I saw it. But once you use it, you realise that it gives you a really easy and comfortable hold on the tablet when using it standing up to, for example, read on a train. The back of the cover has a leather patch sewn on which the front cover tucks into when it's folded over, providing a sturdy stand - the sturdiest of all tablet cases I've tried. There is also a pen loop on the top, which is a nice addition. On the inside of the front cover there's a little window that seems to serve no purpose other than to display the maker's name - not something I'm overly keen on but it's not too annoying.
The smart cover function works well, switching the screen on and off as you open and close it.

All in all, I think this is a great quality item with superb build quality and materials. I'd like to see an option for black stitching though, as in my opinion the white stitching sticks out a bit too much. Still, I'd recommend this case to anyone who likes a bit of a Professional look.

In my reviews I try and highlight all positive and negative aspects of the products to make it easier for people to decide whether or not to buy them - I hope this review has done that. I get some products, such as this one, for a discount or sometimes for free because sellers would like me to test them, and I provide feedback in the form of a review.
on 3 December 2013
Well made case I am very pleased I received 1st class service from this company they informed me by e mail that the first case they had sent me might not work on the sleep mode as Apple had changed the position of the magnets in the case That puts your pad to sleep mode And they would send me a replacement as soon as the new cases arrived made to the new spec at no charge and to keep original as a gift which I thought was a very nice gesture I would buy from this company again without a doubt. PS Delivery and packing was also First class
on 22 February 2016
I bought this item in June 2014. It was not the cheapest but it was advertised with a 'Lifetime Guarantee, and it protected the corners of my iPad.. This week February 2016 the leather started to split on the binder edges. I approached Snugg but was informed that despite the item failing , because I had not registered for the guarantee they would not replace it under their Lifetime Guarantee. A bit disappointed. If you buy this product ,be warned you must register for their guarantee or they will not replace it if it ever fails.
on 29 March 2016
This Snugg IPad Air cover is made of black PU leather on the outside and the inside of the cover has a very soft nubuck feel which will not damage my Ipad Air screen. The stitching on the cover is white in colour and the stitching looks even and strong. It is very easy to insert your IPad into the case, making sure that it is placed in the cover matching up the holes for the camera lens. Once inside there is a small flap that folds around the IPad and secures itself on a Velcro pad at the back of the cover so once it is in it is very secure inside the cover and will definitely not fall out. When you close the cover on the case the magnet holds the cover closed over your IPad screen and when it closes it automatically puts my IPad Air to,sleep - I can hear the IPad click to off when I close the cover. The IPad automatically wakens up when I open the cover too.
On the inside cover there is an elasticated handle made of the nubuck material but personally I wouldn't think to,use a handle here. It may come in handy for some people though.
It took me a little while to,work out how to use the stand as I had not spotted the little flap on the back of the cover - it is made of the same black PU leather so it does not spoil the look of the case but makes it harder to spot! Once I did spot it it was easy to work out how to use. There is only one position you can fix the cover into the flap but it means that the cover stands in two different positions by turning the cover whichever way you want. I have found the two positions to be perfect for me when I have the IPad on my lap and on a table for watching movies, etc.
The SNUGG trademark is embossed into the front of the cover and there is another SNUGG label in beige on the inside of the cover.
The SNUGG cover comes with a lifetime guarantee , you just have to register your purchase on their website.
I received this IPad Air cover for free in exchange for an honest and unbiased review which I have written here.
review image review image review image
on 22 November 2013
Having bought a Snugg case for my original iPad, which served me very well, I bought the same brand for my new iPad Air.

Snugg notified me that due to Apple changing the position of some of the controls at the last minute, the cover might not correctly switch the iPad off as it was meant to (I wonder if Apple did that deliberately to cause financial loss to manufacturers who have the temerity to offer cheaper alternatives to Apple's own covers). They (Snugg) said they would send me a cover from the old stock, which they did, very promptly, then when the new stock was available they would send me a replacement and I could keep the old cover as a spare. Excellent service, and so different from Apple's greedy attitude. OK, that's a manufacturer's review, but credit where it's due. I received a second cover a few days later.

As for the cover itself - it's a very well built and sturdy case that perfectly fits the bill at less than half the price Apple are charging for their own cases and it does indeed put the iPad Air to sleep when you close the cover. Recommended.
on 4 November 2013
I had a Snugg case for my previous iPad and was thrilled with it. The new one for my iPad air is just as good except that the smart part, I.i. Putting it to sleep and waking it, does not work. Never fear though because Snugg have already written to me explaining that Apple changed the magnet positioning at the last moment and that is why the cover is not working properly. They intend to send me a new cover as soon as this becomes available and have stated that I can retain the one I have received to date. What service,well done Snugg.
on 3 January 2014
Excellent case. Wish I had waited & not purchased the no protection Apple cover for Air iPad.

Snugg offers good protection, and makes use of the magnetic sleep function on the iPad, which means instant 'on'. iPad is easier to hold when enclosed in this case.

Quality & value. First product from Snugg, but probably not the last.
on 31 March 2016
I am so pleased with this case. I was lucky enough to get it discounted to review. It has the look and smell of leather and it just oozes quality. On the inside of the case is a soft velvet like material which is great so you know the screen is protected. It has apertures in all the right places for my iPad Air 2. The Smart Cover works well so that my iPad is turned on and off when I lift and close the cover. It isn't the thinnest cover I have had but I don't care about that as it is so nice. The stand works well too. If you want a great quality case for your iPad this is the case for you unless you a very thin case
review image review image review image