Customer reviews

Turning Point
Format: Audio CD|Change

on 17 April 2014
You know it's James Walsh in the first line with that smooth rasp and catchy edge to his voice. Has not strayed too far from Starsailor territory but enough to make it sound fresh rather than just a reworking of old material. The usual strong lyrics with some great hook lines and a slightly more blues/county sound than before but still that rocky heartbeart. Catch him live if you can as you can see the delight to be back with the crowd.
on 7 April 2014
I loved ever second of this album. But I have a feeling that my opinions are bias due to the fact that I have been in love with James Walsh's music since the very beginning. The songs perhaps do not catch your ear straight away like Starsailors but this is not a Starsailor record and neither should it try to be. This album does enough to keep Starsailor fans happy whilst also offering to move away from their familiar sound and show case James's talents as a solo song writer on his own.
on 14 April 2014
Pure joy. Pure talent. Pure James Walsh!
Mr. Walsh has produced a gem here. Echos of Starsailor yet still an original, beautifully produced album.
An instant favorite and I'm sure an album that will be a lifelong friend.
Top marks J.W. and thank you! :-)
on 28 May 2014
I was a Starsailor fan years ago and always wondered what happened to them. Then I heard a song on the radio 2 or 3 months ago and instantly recognised the voice. I discovered that it was James Walsh from Starsailor. The album has quite a few ballads on it and it's not what I'd call 'driving music' but when you're sitting chilling with a beer or a glass of wine, it's a great album to listen to. I especially love Better Luck Next Time, Better Part Of Me, Broken You and Firing Line, the track with Suzanne Vega. I've listened to the album a few times and I'm growing to love it more and more :)
on 8 April 2014
James Walsh has one of - if not- the best voices in music. This album just showcases his talent as a musician and as a singer/songwriter. Although this is a solo album there are still enough tracks on here to keep the starsailor faithful happy. Firing line is a haunting track featuring Suzanne Vega and their voices fit together beautifully. There are so many good tracks on this album like Better part of me, empire, we could try, if i had the words and better luck next time. The album as a whole is a joy to listen to and his voice carries you through each track effortlessly. This is a must buy album and i hope James Walsh keeps going for a while yet as i have a feeling his solo fanbase as well as the starsailor fans are going to keep going and going. I had the chance to see him live at king tuts in Glasgow, just an acoustic guitar and his voice reeling out starsailor hits and new material from this album and it was a joy to behold.
on 7 April 2014
Pure joy. Pure talent. Pure James Walsh!
An instant favorite and I'm sure an album that will be a lifelong friend.
Top marks J.W. and thank you! :-)
on 15 September 2015
Very disappointing album. I was hoping for something a bit more Starsailor with poetic lovely Ballard's and. strong songs. I find it hard to listen to this album because all the tracks sound pretty much the same it's very dull
on 11 April 2015
Recently went to a concert where James Walsh was the support act. Bought the CD after the concert. Both at the concert and on the CD James was brilliant every track is different. Well worth the money we paid( which was cheaper than the advertised price here).
on 22 April 2015
Absolutely fantastic! I have loved starsailor since Love is Here, and love this too! It makes me very cross that fabulous singers like James Walsh with a very distinctive and immediately recognisable voice are not given the airplay they deserve.
on 19 April 2016
Beautiful album - not a bad track on it - I especially love the collaboration with Suzanne Vega. Saw James live a couple of weeks ago doing an acoustic set in Chester and he did not disappoint, his voice is stunning :D