Customer reviews

on 22 January 2014
This, for me, was a brilliant conclusion to a hugely enjoyable series. It's far from plain-sailing for our favourite people, and it does get quite dark and sad at times, but the end is everything that I'd hoped. Keep your eyes open for the odd loose-end that may mean a follow-up story later!
on 26 March 2017
I wasn't quite expecting how this book ended, but I think it works quite well. I'm sad to have read them all so fast now; I might have to read them again.
on 7 April 2017
Have just finished this book Found all books in the series excellent and cannot wait for another to be published. Recommend for an enjoyable read.
on 2 February 2014
I really enjoyed this series and look forward to the next one. it's rare to find a series that is consistent, each one equally gripping, yet doesn't drag on forever. It's also refreshing to come across an author who is not afraid to kill off the heroes. Keeps up the suspense and makes it a difficult book to put down.
on 22 April 2017
Some of the best Sword and Sorcery fantasy, for adults, I have ever read. Tip is to start with the first book - Mageborn The Blacksmiths Son.
on 19 February 2014
This series has developed into quite a story and the author has obviously learnt his craft as he's gone along. The main characters are well drawn but the secondary ones were a bit forgettable. And the ending was a little drawn out for me but I will look out for more from this author.
on 31 July 2017
enjoyed this series
on 8 February 2014
I've read the whole series and enjoyed them all. However I feel a little let down by the ending of this book as it raised too many questions about what COULD happen. I wouldn't mind so much if the author gave some clue if there are going to be futre books with these characters. Ending aside all the books in the series are enjoyable and written in an enjoyable way (from the perspective of the main character) definately worth a read.
on 18 August 2017
It was well written and the books followed each other beautifully I will find it harder to find another book to get my attention as these did
on 27 July 2014
Not as good as the previous ones in the series