on 22 January 2014
This, for me, was a brilliant conclusion to a hugely enjoyable series. It's far from plain-sailing for our favourite people, and it does get quite dark and sad at times, but the end is everything that I'd hoped. Keep your eyes open for the odd loose-end that may mean a follow-up story later!
on 23 January 2014
These books by Michael G. Manning are brilliantly written with a good mix of dark, light and humorous content. As the grand finale in the series this book does not disappoint. Brilliantly written it completes Mort's journey with the humour and detail one comes to expect from Manning. A truly sensational, inspiring and tear jerking read.
on 23 January 2014
A great conclusion to a wonderful series. Michael Manning is an exceptionally talented writer. Although I felt somewhat bereft when I finished the book the promise was there of more tales to come - I do hope so!
on 7 February 2014
Since getting my kindle I've taken to reading books offered for free or as close to that as possible - it's always a bit of a risk. The first book in the Mageborn series was such a book and I quickly realised that I had found a book as good as anything I had read from any established author. Over the course of the series that impression has only been confirmed and improved with each new book. The Final Redemption is the crown of the whole series and the author deserves every accolade.

I strongly recommend anyone looking for a series with a great story, really well told, and with characters you can believe to buy the whole Mageborn series straight away. You wont regret it but when you come to the end you will feel an immense sense of loss that it has to come to an end.
on 12 February 2014
With this series, Manning has established himself as a Lorewarden of the highest calibre. He tells a rich and vibrant story that is close to Eddings in its complexity. The characters breathe life and draw you in until you live, love and weep with them all. He has also created a world that is strong and deep enough to spawn further tales of magic, heroism and mystery.
If you should read this Michael, a good quest goes down a storm.
on 26 February 2014
Thoroughly enjoyed this book. Seemed to have waited a long time for Book 5, but it was worth the wait. Just when you think you have second-guessed which way the story is going to go, it twists and takes you somewhere completely different. Appears to have been left ready for Book 6 ... I do hope so.
on 23 January 2014
I loved this series, and Michael G Manning has gone from strength to strength with each successive book. His protagonist, Mordecai, and his cohorts, have all the characteristics that make them appear only too human, and they are all the more endearing for their imperfections. It's very easy to empathise with them. In this finale to the Mageborn series, I got caught up frequently in the impending build ups to many of the incidents. Michael G Manning worked the sense of approaching disaster so well that I had to take breaks, as I dreaded the outcome for some of my favourite characters.
I have wept. I have also laughed out loud. Mordecai's self-deprecation and ironic wit lifted the darkness just enough to lull me through to the next dark encounter. This author's natural aptitude for creating humour from the strangest situations is a delight. Cyhan's hilarious explanation for how he sensed the proximity of Elaine Prathion had me in stitches, as did Mord's 'glorious' awaking. I could actually visualise many of the encounters that were so humorously described.
I am so sad that Mageborn has come to it's conclusion. It's been a hell of a ride that created a maelstrom of emotions. All I can say is, I can't wait for Michael's next book. He has cunningly constructed a few concepts that could branch off into other tales with some of our best loved characters.
on 19 March 2016
I bought the first book on offer and have gone on to read all 5 in this Mageborn series. Whilst the third book had a disappointing (cop out?) ending the others have been strong and I am glad I continued to read book 4 and 5.
The characters are easy to love, the writing is easy to relax with and the whole series have been page turners.
on 2 February 2014
I really enjoyed this series and look forward to the next one. it's rare to find a series that is consistent, each one equally gripping, yet doesn't drag on forever. It's also refreshing to come across an author who is not afraid to kill off the heroes. Keeps up the suspense and makes it a difficult book to put down.
on 24 January 2014
Thoroughly loved the previous books and have been awaiting this book for awhile and was not disappointed in anyway. This book took me through the full range of emotions from happiness to the point my eyes where blurry from crying. Read this book you won't be disappointed