on 15 June 2016
Good
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on 20 May 2017
It's a great book the grandchildren loved it .made them lol and the join in with the story I would recommend
on 1 November 2016
I was looking for the audio version but to get it I have to review this first which I feel is a way of pressuring me into commenting on it
VINE VOICEon 18 January 2014
Have you ever started crying for no reason, or do you cry when things don't go well? What do you do to stop crying or do you?

Geraldine the Giraffe is here to give us some lessons in crying. Geraldine lives in a Safari in Kenya. Geraldine the Giraffe is a lovely giraffe, a long neck and swift legs, but she cries over every little thing. She cries when she sees the tiger, she cries when she loses, anything. Jeffrey, her best friend asks her why she cries so much, and Geraldine doesn't seem to know. One day she looked way down at the puddles her tears were creating and saw her good friend, Croakette, the Toad. Croakette had some good advice for her, and as you read this book, you will begin to understand how to stop your crying.

Anat Umansky, the author, has once again delivered a most wonderful book for children. It is written in rhyme at times, and is straightforward . The illustrations by Alin Mot are the most beautiful colors, muted and vivid at the same time. They depict the animals in the Safari so well. The lessons learned by Geraldine are ones we carry with us everyday. Both children and parents will have a good time discussing the adventures of Geraldine and her friends. Note: I was given this book to read and review.

Recommended. prisrob 01-17-14