Learn more Download now Shop now Learn more Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Learn More Shop now Shop now Learn more Shop Fire Shop Kindle New album - Eminem Shop now Shop now

on 19 February 2014
What an amazing and interesting read. It is a travelogue but could be a novel. Page by page I was enthralled by what the authors did and saw. I would love to do the walk but like the authors will have to wait until I retire to have two free months to really relax and enjoy the journey, lots of little tips described also to think about before embarking on any adventure.
on 23 August 2014
The layout, typing and spelling errors (eg. you wear suits, not suites!) on the kindle can horribly detract from even the best of books. Does nobody ever check them? Is there no editing?
Unfortunately this isn't the best of books. Their walk across the Pyrenees in Spain is fairly tedious and uninspiring. I am 75% of the way through their journey and will be thrilled when they reach their destination.........Ok, that was a bit harsh. I have now finished the book.....and they have finished their journey. I actually quite enjoyed the last part, particularly since I followed their route as best as possible on a road map. Part of me would now like to start again, and re-read their story! I can't decide whether to give the book another star. The grammar and typing mistakes were ghastly until the very end.....as was the author's nauseating attitude..."aren't we wonderful, doing this at our age" !! (He's the same age as me, and whilst I would agree that the activity is wonderful, he really shouldn't keep harping on about how old he is!)
on 4 February 2014
A good read. A real insight into what those walking in the Spanish Pyrenees can experience. A great achievement for those involved.
on 24 March 2014
Not bad!

Not the world's greatest read, but interesting enough, although a bit plodding in parts as they plod along the Pyrenees.

I admired them, but a little more detail about the places and a little less about their feet would have been welcomed.
on 12 October 2014
Very interesting tale of two retired walkers undertaking a trip across the Pyrenees. Only problem the paragraphs were frequently mixed up nit sure why the editing went wring and spell check would be advisable. Overall excellent read very inspiring.
on 24 April 2014
I found this book fairly interesting although it became a little repetitive at times. There were several typing errors which was annoying
It did, however make me interested in the some of the areas that the author visited.
on 22 June 2014
A rambling tale about a rambling trek. Sounds like good fun was had by all. Enough information to tackle the walk and plenty of advice
,but, maps needed.
on 4 February 2014
Well done to Dick and Clodagh. I really enjoyed reading your adventures and could imagine all the wildlife and scenes on your route. What an achievement!
on 22 January 2016
I enjoyed the story and descriptions of the geography, but the spelling and some of the grammar were poor.
on 20 March 2015
This could have been a great book but the poor grammar, lack of proof reading and layout ruined it. Pity!