on 25 March 2017
I found this book and after reading the blurb decided to give it a go, really glad that I did. It has a wonderful storyline and amazing characters. Now on to the next one in the series
on 30 September 2017
This is a very sweet story. I loved it. I can't wait to read the next book in the series as you know it will be good.
on 29 March 2015
I wonder what would happen if aliens did come to Earth. I think exactly how it was depicted in this book. S E Smith writes with such depth and the descriptions are brilliant. The chemistry between Hunter and Jesse is super. If you enjoy reading sci-fi and romance then this is the author for you.
on 12 March 2014
This is overall a good book but l did feel she got over her trauma a bit too quickly
but do enjoy series and looking forward to next one
on 29 June 2014
I liked the fact that this book showed all the characters as individuals and didn't focus on just the 2 main story lines.
TOP 1000 REVIEWERon 26 January 2014
I enjoyed several things about this romance, but there were some things I wish had been done differently.

I love futuristic/alien romance, and both hero and heroine are sweet and likeable. The hero's a gentle giant sort, big and tough and kind. His people have come to Earth and are the cause for the destruction/war there. What I do think this book needed was more backstory about that. I also wanted more information about the hero's alien race (looks, culture, and planet), and more info about the council and the Alliance. That was too vague for me. I think the blurb explains more than the actual narrative does.

Another thing I wish had been different is the heroine. She's sweet, and I liked that, but she was almost too much, almost a super-heroine rescuing the hero, doing the impossible, doing what the men in charge seemed incapable of doing, saving the day here and there. I love a competent heroine, but this one seemed too much at times. On top of that, almost every character was telling her how great she was, how tough, how awesome. It would have been nice to see some small flaws or more insecurity in her character.

Even when going back to the hero's home world, there wasn't enough conflict/insecurity on that score. I guess what I'm trying to say is that at times it was too easy. The two leads have a sweet, sexy connection to each other, and I enjoyed reading that. But they are together by 40% into the book, and I wanted to see some cultural conflict, maybe some resistance to the hero claiming her. I would have liked more push-pull and more tension with them. They got together too soon for me, considering the length of the book, and that made the pacing feel off to me.

First time for me to read this author, and I did enjoy what she created. I do feel more was needed on certain things and a little less on other things: more backstory, more tension, and maybe fewer far-fetched scenarios for the heroine to save the day. On the whole, though, I enjoyed Hunter's Claim and would have no problem checking this author out again and seeing what happens to the hero's friends as the series continues. A light alien romance, easy to read, if a bit too easy at times, but still pretty enjoyable.
on 19 March 2017
This took me by surprise! I'm not usually a fan of alien/sci-fi books. As a graphic designer it was the cover that drew me first. I hadn't even looked at what the book was about. So imagine my surprise when I loved it and couldn't stop reading! There's so much action in this that it'll keep a die hard action genre fan going. Fights, battles, survival from atrocities the works. The characters are strong kick ass warriors and that's just the females. You fall in love with the characters as they're so real. The plot and world building is fab and you know it's going to be a good series! I loved how it wasn't full of loads of silly sci-fi tech but it was there enough for the story. The romance isn't tacky either or just the usual regurgitated into yet another book clone. Really enjoyed it!
TOP 1000 REVIEWERon 16 March 2014
It has been four years since the Trivators arrived. Although they planned to integrate earth into the Alliance as peacefully as possible, humans reacted with fear and hate. In a world gone mad, Jesse is doing her best to survive and keep her two younger sisters as healthy and safe as possible. It is whilst she is foraging for food that she comes across a bunch of humans intending to torture and kill a captured Trivator. Jesse cannot sit idly by; even if their target is a hated alien. Freeing him is fairly easy, and whilst the Trivator deals with those that thought to kill him, Jesse uses the opportunity to disappear. Yet this warrior has her scent, and he intends to repay the debt he owes her.

When Hunter finally tracks down Jesse she is in need of medical help and the only way his people will provide it is if he bonds with her. He does so without hesitation, and finds himself not only dealing with an exotic alien wife, but also her two teenage sisters.

The pace sets off with a gallop and only speeds up as in one moment Jesse and her sisters face a bleak future on earth, the next they are involving themselves in intergalactic skirmishes, before quickly settling on Hunter's home world with no acclimatisation required. That being said, I thoroughly enjoyed this book. There's humour, action, drama, romance and tear jerking moments. It's pretty clear which two warriors have caught the eyes of Jesse's young sisters, and I hope this author has a book planned for each.
on 10 January 2014
Another amazing book by SESmith, I think this is going to be one of my new best series. Read it in one and couldn't put it down. I can't wait for the next book in the series.
on 12 January 2014
Oh yes. S.e.smith has done it again. Another brilliant story. This one is a bit nearer to home. How will we all react if we suddenly find that we are not alone in the universe. I bet we will all turn against ourselves and cause massive damage. Smith has shown how a young lady did everything to protect her sisters from the dangers of the world. Different from her other books but so interesting. More please