Customer reviews

Format: Blu-ray|Change

on 2 March 2017
Like all Coen Bros films you never can go that far wrong and they are true understated masters of their trade and like Fellini in some ways at least, never just go on repeating themselves. I sort of began hating parts of this film yet found myself thinking about it for days afterwards and finally the compulsion grew on me to watch part of it again and then the whole kit and caboodle... which is sort of appropriate as part of the film centres around the kit.. er cat. I think it is quite a remarkable film in all. He doesn't rely too much on cute actors and then put them in cute situations. And when he gets some of these; Clooney or Pitt for instance.. he gets them to leave the stereotype behind and reveal what they saw in that actor to begin with. Or so it seems at least? Long may they persist!
on 27 May 2017
In the end, I saw this twice (a friend really wanted to see it the second time) – and appreciated it more the second time around. The central character is so depressed and self-centred, it takes a while to sympathise with him!
on 19 July 2017
Very good film, well worth a watch
on 3 August 2017
Gift
on 13 June 2017
Very pleased
on 17 August 2017
Brilliant portrait of New York bohemian life in the early 1960s. Gently funny, sad and angry at times, with a great soundtrack and superb performances all round.
on 29 July 2015
A time capsule of a film ..captured the era.with pathos & humour.
on 3 February 2016
Oh my god, how I love this movie. I love this movie so much that, the minute, it finishes, I consider putting it on again. I have pretty much always been a Coen Brothers fan. With a couple of exceptions, the likes of Intolerable Cruelty and The Ladykillers. They are total masters of their craft and they have created so many weird and wonderful worlds. I love their comedies, I love their dark dramas. I don't mind they made me listen to bluegrass music. You get the idea. This, though, for me is one of their best. The cast is fantastic, the tone is spot on, the music and the dialogue and the feel of the movie just work together near perfectly. There are sections of it that feel like they're set in a world of parables and subtext, like the sequence featuring another classic performance by John Goodman. This movie really is one of my all time favourites.
If you're not sure about watching this I won't lecture you and, if you don't like it, I won't break my back defending it. I love it too much for that. I'm blinkered by it. What I would suggest is this; watch the trailer. If you like the look of the trailer they ran in cinemas before it came out, then you will like the movie.
Man, I may just have to watch it again now.
on 8 August 2014
Interesting concept for a film, but didn't feel like it lived up to its full potential. Performances were good but not great, other than the cat! However I thought Inside Llewyn Davies was missing the usual Coen brothers spark.
on 10 June 2017
An amazing film ruined by a terrible digital copy. I'm glad I saw it but after paying £8 to stream it I wish I had bought the dvd. Pirating would give you better quality. It's so compressed, all the blacks are crushed and dance around the screen, it really ruined the movie experience