Present Tense
Format: Audio CD|Change

on 16 October 2016
4 VERY TALENTED GUYS from the LAKE DISTRICT produce another GREAT ALBUM !!

'NEW LIFE'; great track and lyrics with Tom Fleming taking the lead, WARM AND BLIND / GROPING IN THE BRINY DEEP,
SING LUNGS SING / WORLD CLEAVE OPEN ! I absolutely love this song; so minimal but yet so effective.

'A DOGS LIFE'; I cannot believe these guys came up with this track. Starts off with Tom again and guitar work which just
draws you in, the track just builds and builds and then BOOM, after the line 'HOLD THE PHONE UP TO ITS FACE', this
track just goes up into the stratosphere !
Completely and utterly one of the best things this band has ever done !!

'MECCA'; a super intro and once again outstanding lyrics 'YEAH, HOW WE FEEL NOW WAS FELT BY THE ANCIENTS',
a great line and very poignant. Good vocals from Hayden on this one.

'NATURE BOY'; apparently part inspired by 'JAKE THE SNAKE ROBERTS'. Well he has definitely inspired this track very well
as this is just another absolute cracker on this album. 'DRIPPIN IN GOLD HE COMES' / OOOOH YES HE DOES IT ALL'
How very apt indeed !

'PREGNANT PAUSE'; this is quite an intimate and moving song between 2 lovebirds and the lyrics again are fantastic,
these guys REALLY ARE on another level. 'THERE IS A TONGUE THAT WE SPEAK IN / NO ONE ELSE GOT THE MEANING',
'SPEAK TO ME IN OUR TONGUE' / A PILLOW TALK PATOIS FROM A LAND LONG GONE'. Great vocals again from Hayden
and I love the ending of this song

The rest of this album is unmissable; I cannot recommend it enough to all you music lovers out there !

Please give this album a try with an open mind and I hope that you find what I did; A SEMINAL PIECE OF WORK.

These guys are very underrated and this album also; I bought 2 copies of this as I do like
physical product and I listen to the songs on a regular basis and don't want the CD getting scratched !

***** Tom / Ben / Chris / Hayden - THANK YOU ! *****
on 27 March 2014
First I've ever heard of this band having bought the album following reading a review in a national paper. Do this quite often with varying results but this time it was an out and out winner. Every track is great but the stand out one for me is Mecca, which has got the lot. I can't see that you could ever categorise Wild Beasts nor should we try. They've got their own thing going on and credit to them. Just bought their previous album, Smother, and will now give this a good airing too.
on 15 January 2015
Didn't think I'd like this as much as the other WB albums.....how wrong I was! Can't stop listening to it! Perfect listening for when you're stuck in rush hour traffic too.
on 25 April 2015
I saw them on Jools and I thought this sounds alright and bought the CD. I can gladly say that they are really good ! ! ! ! Every song on the album is great which is rare in our days.
on 15 November 2016
Favorite band at the mo does not disappoint
on 16 May 2014
It is not a surprise, lovely songs, amazing music, the presentation of the package, Very nice presentation of the disc
on 4 March 2015
This was a refreshing change from what I normally listen to. Sounding like 80's new romantic with a twist.
on 8 April 2015
Great product !
on 8 March 2015
Fantastic album.
on 25 May 2014
4th album from wild beasts starts with wanderlust and doesn't let up till last song palace vocals on all songs soar from start to finish stand out tracks are wanderlust daughters a dogs life and palace all in all a great album that reveals more each time you listen to it.