on 23 August 2015
Campamento Sangriento-Sleepaway Camp 1983.
Spanish Blu-ray region B. The picture quality's excellent, 16:9
& fills all the screen on a modern T.V. A high quality stalk & slash
from my favourite decade, a typical bunch of killable youths and
a very, very sleazy cook are slowly picked off. The fx are good
but not that over the top, it's uncut which helps enormously.
Believe the hype surrounding the last part, in fact add another
five stars just for the last part. Excellent.
Run time:1hr 28min/Extras: just a trailer(i think). Plays in English, removable subs.
66 Comments| 6 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 7 May 2016
This Spanish blu Ray offers an excellent picture and sound quality. Who'd have thought a film made in the early 80's and on a low budget could look so good.
Sleepaway Camp is quite possibly the craziest teen slasher ever with a pay off that's still shocking now. Totally sleazy, full of gore and off the mark politically incorrect. In other words - amazing!
on 9 August 2017
Great trilogy of films. The original is obviously the best but the sequels are also fun.
on 3 June 2016
A good slasher film with a good twist at the end.
on 23 June 2017
Cool Slasher from the 80's with a twist. Great artwork and Great transfer
on 1 November 2013
Classic 80's horror slasher with ample nudity. The film has a number of classic lines along with the great "Happy Camper" song.

"Say No to Drugs."

"Nice girls don't have to show it off."

"Party hats at 2 o'clock."

"I would rather die first."

"What are you looking for a gun?...No a drill."

"Dead teenager's brains."

"Cute, but the blood looks like ketchup."

"I didn't want some crazy person to attack me."

Our killer has personality and a sense of humor. The film plays on the classic slasher theme that sex kills teenagers. You don't want to get sent home.

Available for free uncensored viewing at Viewstar with commercials.
on 14 September 2016
Not in. English. Bought under false pretences. Not clear enough
on 26 October 2007
This main reason this movie was remembered was because of the ending. The director really did succeed at making a movie that would make jaws drop in the theater, and keep people thinking about it when they leave.

I made the mistake of seeing this movie when I was 10 years old. You can live through seeing a movie like this when you're older, but I was afraid I would be scarred for life. I was enjoying the movie when I was watching it, until I saw the ending, and my stomach churned. This movie has many creative but grisly death scenes (I shrieked when I saw the horrifying bee death). This movie had a lot of points that kept you awake and drawn to it, which is good. It is a mystery to find out who the killer is, so that keeps you going. Sleepaway Camp is not a slow movie. There were a lot of things about the movie I was way too young to see. There was a lot of homosexual references, but I guess I know now that was foreshadowing the climax of the movie. This movie is still good despite the shocker ending. Many people push this movie aside because of the ending... they think the guy who made this movie was definitely sick. But the movie was still good, just very different and awfully disturbing. I don't think you'll be scarred for life by seeing this movie, but see it with another person. Believe me, you might feel uncomfortable if you don't have someone by your side once it ends.

Unless you have a strong lining in your stomach, there are some things in this movie that you can't unsee. They get in your head and stay there. I think some versions of Sleepaway Camp are cut, but the original release was uncut. A lot of the death scenes look very realistic (maybe that's just me), and they're unlike any you've ever seen before. This movie is shocking, disturbing (kinda perverse), full of horror, and definitely not for the squeamish.

Good acting that fits this genre, lots of violence, a "different" kind of plot, plenty of profanity, and definitely memorable. Just remember this is unlike any of those countless horror flicks. I recommend this to be watch with a group of people. Separate and think about what themes were presented in the movie (you could even write a 'response' paragraph). Regroup and discuss.

Or you could just watch the movie and go to bed.
on 20 May 2015
After a horrible boating accident kills her family, Angela, a shy and sullen young girl, moves in with her eccentric aunt Martha, alongside her protective cousin Ricky.

One summer, Martha sends the kids to Camp Arawak.

Soon after their arrival, a series of bizarre and increasingly violent accidents begins to claim the lives of various campers.

Who is the twisted individual behind these murders? First off, after the initial flashback at the start of the movie, has to be the worst five minutes of acting by anyone i have seen on screen. The woman who plays Martha is either an absolute genius, a relative of the director, or someone off the street. It's not even laugh inducing, it's pretty hideous.

The rest of the film is your predictable, horrible people on the camp getting killed, in pretty boring ways to be fair, whilst an old man appears every now and again with a really big cigar laying down the law.

Poor old Angela, she gets marched around for a lot of the film by some man who wears really tight trousers promising her ice cream.

The plot and story is incoherent, and the script is dire at best.

So why two stars? The freaky totally unexpected ending. Wow. if you haven't seen this and thought you'd seen the best twist movie ever, see this.

It's probably the most freaky thing you will ever, ever see.

This final shot makes the rest of the film passable.
22 Comments|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 26 May 2010
I recently watched Sleepaway Camp and was very impressed with the concept of it as a slasher movie. As a huge fan of Slasher movies, it was nice to see a great twist in the traditional genre, supposedly one of the biggest shocks in cinematic history. I did my research on the the first movie and found that people had refered to it as a Friday The 13th rip off. I disagree, vastly. The first movie is a cult slasher in it's own league and has become a new favourite of mine.
I must say the first movie is excellent, the second is good and was a good sequel in which Pamela Springsteen did a good performance as Angela (although completely different to how I would have imagined her to be), however, I wasn't entirely impressed with the third installment. I would watch the third again on a rainy day.
All in all, the boxset is great filled with a few extras that are interesting to watch and a nice little 14-page booklet with a bit of trivia. I would reccommend any slasher movie fan buy this boxset, even if you only fall in love with the first movie it's great value for the trilogy.