on 12 June 2014
I’ve come to the end of my Widowsfield adventure having read all three books in a row. Whilst I may now never be free of the Watcher’s grasp.. I would definitely recommend doing the same if you have enough patience to read a whole trilogy straight through. For me at least, there was no choice involved, I had to see what would happen to the characters and what A R Wise had in store for me in the next book.

We all know that feeling of “just one more page..ok chapter..” well for me it was “just one more page..ok chapter… ok book!”

The 314 trilogy is filled with creepy lines such as “The Skeleton Man’s here, and he taught me how to hate” but Wise doesn’t stop there with creepy and creepier events as we plunge in to the third and final book….

In this book more information is revealed about the Widowsfield mystery. We meet some more characters and gain some clarity about what exactly was going on which caused the “event” as it is named by the members of Cada EIB. I absolutely loved reading more about the company and I love how the name of the company was made. Wise has absolutely packed the trilogy with little nods about what may, or may not be going on. He winds us around his little finger as we leap through time, learning more truths and getting trapped in the lies of the Watcher. However, Wise hasn’t fallen in to the trap that many authors do, he hasn’t completely explained himself in his final book and unlike some trilogies reading the last chapters isn’t an arduous task, we’re not just reading it because we can’t read two and a half books.. we’re reading it because like the cast of this book, we need to find our way out of Widowsfield!

I really cannot say enough about this trilogy, I don’t want to spoil it though so I’m going to refrain from covering any of the events involved. I am a fairly hardened horror fan and I was hooked from the very first chapter of book one. The Skeleton Man unnerved me from the get-go and the more I read the more a morbid desire pushed me to delve deeper and deeper into the web of lies. This book is jam packed with pain and horror whilst also promoting a tale of love and devotion, it is definitely my favourite of all of the stories I’ve read so far.

Massive recommendations to A R Wise after reading this trilogy, I will definitely be reading more of his work. I also recommend to readers to read the Author’s Note. There are a great many people who will happy close the book when it says “The End” but please, read the notes in each of the three books.

You can get all three of these books on Amazon.com/co.uk and the first one is free so even if you’re unsure that this story is for you, it’s not going to hurt to take it for a spin.. once you’re on this ride, I promise you will be on it to the end.

And remember…. they’re watching..
One person found this helpful
on 29 May 2014
This series had me so hooked that I read all 3 installments one after the other. It was like having a giant horror puzzle and trying to put all the pieces together, each book giving you a few of the the missing pieces but at the same time throwing more questions into the mix. Book three answers all of the questions brought up in the previous books and still has plenty of gore, horror and graphic descriptions for the horror lovers amongst us, what's not to love about that right?

The twists and turns keep you guessing and just when you think you got it worked out, bang another huge twist and turn comes out of nowhere. This is one of those tales where you find yourself thinking about it when doing other things and suddenly something comes to you and you start flicking back through the pages to see if you have made the right connections.

I will really miss the characters in these books, I have enjoyed their story so much and been so immersed in the ups, downs and horrors of their journey. I tried to read the last book slowly as I knew there was no more afterwards but I just couldn't resist picking it back up minutes later.

I'm certainly glad I found this series and I'm keen to see what other work this author has out there.
on 18 March 2014
When I got my kindle, 314 was the first book I downloaded on it. My kindle regisered me finishing that first book at 3:14am which was a bit scary and now I see that number everywhere plus my best friends birthday is actually 14th March. I have recommended this trilogy to everyone with kindles, kobos, nooks, tablets....just anything that can have e readers.

I read the majority of this book while sitting in my favourite starbucks and I think the staff there are now used to my gasps of shock whenever I came to a twist in the story. This book was so very cleverly written and I loved the inclusion of real life things like losing 21grams on the moment of death and the inclusion of Einstein. It led it to feel a whole lot more real. This is without a doubt one of the best book series I have ever read and I have to admit im a little bit sad at saying goodbye to Alma, Jacker, Paul, Rachel and Stephen. A few people I have spoken to about it even said they think it would make a great movie. Personally I think there is a lot of potential for a follow up book here and if there ever is one, believe me, I'll definetly be the first person buying it.

Massive well done on this book and the series!
on 15 August 2014
I got the first book in this trilogy free and had to buy the other two, money well spent as I haven't read anything as original for a long time and they will definitely get a second reading at some point (I don't often feel the need to read a book twice).

I love this author's writing style, he makes the characters feel real and doesn't do the boring, unnecessary, descriptive stuff that some authors do, not to mention his ability to tell a great story.

I've had the first deadlocked book (by this author) on my kindle for a while (got it free), but have been putting off reading it as I'm not a big fan of the zombie apocalypse genre, but it is now going to be my next read and I have a feeling that I'm going to be pleasantly surprised.

If you're a horror fan, don't mind quite a bit of gore, and love a good well written story, I highly recommend getting this trilogy.
on 1 December 2015
As a big fan of horror in all forms, I can be too critical of anything I pick up or watch before I've even started.

Any hesitation I had going in to the 314 series were instantly forgotten once I started reading this immersive and well-weaved supernatural thriller.

My favourite was the second installment, and the characters all served the story fantastically.

Will definitely be going back for a re-read sometime in the near future.

Do yourself a favour and get stuck in the Watcher's Web!
on 7 September 2014
I am now reviewing the book as I have read all three and found no real ending I hate reading a book or watching a film that leaves loads of loose ends a good book should answer all the questions it has set out in the story but found it didn't and the author ( no offence) covers himself in his note with ill leave it to you to figure out???
on 23 December 2014
I've ploughed through all 3 books in a short space of time mainly because they are so fast paced and utterly readable. If I'm reading horror fiction I expect twists, Gore, thrills, enjoyable characters and a coherent storyline. This delivers each of those things with aplomb, throwing us from one timeline into another, constantly leaping between characters, pushing the limits of what can actually be done with a story spanning 70 years, while maintaining good flow and pace.

I genuinely will start reading more of A.R Wise's books, and hope that they are as enjoyable a romp as the 314 trilogy.
on 12 March 2014
I found this story riveting. I only read book one at first, thinking I'd read as much as I wanted to. However I felt compelled to get book two, and then three. I really like the nuggets of truth mixed with the fictional story. The characters in the books are key to making you want to finish the story. Very good plot.
on 25 April 2014
A fantastic end to the trilogy, I couldn't read it fast enough just wanted to know so badly what was going to happen next. These are the first A.R. Wise books I have read but will definitely get more. Sometimes in a trilogy you find they run out of steam by the end but not these books, highly recommend them
on 5 September 2016
Didn't mind the first two books but I must admit it took me longer to read this one, think I was getting bored of the overall story by then.