Shop now Shop now Shop now Cloud Drive Photos Shop now Learn More Learn more Shop now Learn more Shop Fire Shop Kindle Pre-order now Shop Men's Shop Women's

Colour Name: White|Change
Price:£129.90 - £159.00

on 12 April 2014
I ordered this printer as I take photos with my UAV drone and then sell them, having to go to the shop and get them printed out was a huge bore.

Apron arrival it was in a easy to open amazon box and inside that it was in a official canon box which was also easy to open. Inside the box there was; the printer, paper tray, manual, manual on disk, power cable, driver on disk.

When setting up the printer I noticed that the printer has two modes 1. direct connection, the printer creates its own wireless network which you have to use ether a computer with the drivers installed, or a mobile device with the official app. 2. connect to a wireless network, then you can use apples AirPrint and print directly without any drivers, or you can use a non windows computer with the included driver disk. The printer also allows for use with a cable (sold separately), and a SD card then you have some basic editing option on the printer.

It takes about twenty seconds for the image to go from the device and download on the printer, then it processes, then it takes the paper out of the tray, then displays the first colour and prints that colour, then takes the paper back and prints the two other colours, then applies a film on top to add a extra layer of protection from the sun.

Printer Paper
The Pictures are of a high quality but I find them small and, but then again the printer is designed to be small and make small. Some other reviewers have commented of having a hard time tearing of the strips of the end, but I don't tear the strip, I fold it down then up and it comes off nicely without looking like it has been ripped off.

The printer has some accessories they are; battery around £60, battery charger and adapter to plug battery in to printer around £95, many types of paper ranging from £15-£30, different paper trays for different sized paper £15, and a case for £20.

I am now going to list the pros and cons.
Is compact and light, has a wide range of accessories, reasonably priced, replacement paper and ink is cheap-ish, accessories are cheap apart from the battery connector, and battery, watching it print is fun, as it applies the ink layer by layer, is user friendly.
Battery and connector is expensive, slow to print, have to use drivers, picture is small, instructions do not explain evrything.
22 comments| 94 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 16 February 2014
This printer has big pluses and big minuses...

The pluses -
* Great compact size
* Easy to use
* Super easy to load cartridges and paper
* Easy to store away and takes up no space
* Faultless printing from Apple products - the biggest plus; you can edit your photos on your phone in apps, write on them, add borders / frames - whatever you like and then just send straight to print - fantastic! No downloading etc. Take it with you wherever you go; great!

HOWEVER, the minuses -
* Print size is NOT true 6x4, so if using for Project Life etc like me, the photos slop around in the pockets a bit and show bits of the whatever behind which doesn't look at all good and very messy - SUCH a shame...
* I wouldn't say the quality of the prints is 'lab quality printing at home'
* The tear off strips leave a bit of a messy edge on the prints, which wouldn't bother me if they were true 6x4, but as smaller it adds to the messy finish and is just unsatisfactory for me

So disappointed by the minuses, that I couldn't justify keeping it... but such a shame, as in in principle it could be SO good! Just isn't quite...
55 comments| 101 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 25 November 2014
Brilliant little printer. Easy to setup with windows 7. When you buy paper it comes as a pack so paper and ink. The quality of the prints is very, very good +++. I would fully recommend this photo printer.

Warning I have seen 108 sheets with ink costing £45 but shopping around buy mine for £24.95
on 23 June 2015
This printer is far from ideal, but once you learn it's pitfalls, it might suit your needs.

If you have Windows 8 and up, then forget about Wi-Fi. Only cable will work, as some other reviewers mentioned. Also, some applications (like Adobe Lightroom) will try to print only parts of photos instead of trying to fill the whole frame. Fortunately, Paint.NET saves the day.

Apparently, you won't always get as many prints as you buy. The film (a kind of ink, used in this printer, it's actually a roll of thin film) will end before the paper, so you could buy more. The price of each print goes from 0.23p per print up, taking into account that some prints will not be good enough to expose and the same ink problem. This beats the lab if you are printing less than 10 photos per batch, but for large batches the lab is generally almost twice cheaper.

Regarding the quality of print, it's good, but not exceptional. You can get better from the lab or professional printer. But after some tweaking in photo editor you may get sufficient quality. Printing from SD card produces generally worse quality, not as "live" as at the screen. Although, if you compare it to old Polaroid, that's Heaven and Earth of a difference, so might be good addition to parties and family events, when you could make a print in seconds.

Another benefit of this printer is ability to print right from the Canon photo camera (Ixus, EOS), without detaching the SD card.
on 5 March 2015
Nowadays printing photos seems almost obsolete but there is nothing quite like a printed image, we love how simple this little thing is. it has allowed us to get lab quality prints at a reasonable price with no hassle. It kind of just works, very small and convenient to keep in the sideboard drawer and takes minutes to get ready when we want to print. Its great to be able to give out photos to friends and family even if they just stick them on the fridge with a magnet.

It connects with a simple app wirelessly to a smartphone or camera or you can connect directly with a cable or plug in a memory card. Select what you want to print choose how many copies you need and you're set!

one thing to note... It does not come with any paper or ink so order some at the same time, we ordered a pack of 108 and even when you add them to the cost of the printer it was only £5 more than we could buy the printer alone elsewhere.

Highly recommended.
on 22 December 2015
I bought this to replace my older Selphy which died after good service. This one gives regular 'incorrect cassette' or 'incorrect paper size' errors. I can solve them by literally ramming the cartridge in hard - I guess there is a contact not properly aligned - or reseating the paper tray. If it is detecting incorrect paper size (even though its correct paper size!), it spits the unused paper out, so you can re-use it. I DONT KNOW if it winds the unused ink on though - if so, then so far ive 'wasted' 5 photos worth of ink.... we will see. Wifi setup was faultless on win 7 - the printer is seen by windows 10 pc, but reports 'no driver available' and the printer is not available to actually print to but as the win10 pc isn't the one I print from, I have not tried to sort this out.
on 2 May 2014
Arrived ahead of time ... delighted with the service and the product. The only slight gripe was that the set up instructions could have been more explicit.
on 16 September 2016
I like the picture quality and the feel of the prints - produces the closest thing to developed pictures in your own home. Very handy for printing one-off images when requested by family members.

It may cost more than sending away for prints but its very convenient to use.
on 1 March 2016
I can't believe the quality of the prints from this machine. It's very good looking too. I would recommend it. My main problem was trying to set up the wifi using the Canon App which was recommended. It would fail to recognise the picture that I wanted to print and offer me a very limited choice from my gallery. After much time interrogating the Canon App I found a list which indicated that the App did not work with the CP910! I ended up deleting the Canon App and using PictPrint in conjunction with PicFrame both free and consequently limited but my Selphy works brilliantly now.
on 16 January 2016
Absolutely brilliant. It sits on my shelf and I can print whatever I want from my iPhone. I can't print from my computer onto it, but that's okay cos if I need to print anything I just send it to my phone and print it from there.

The app is easy to set up and easy to use. Each picture takes a couple of minutes to print out and it's so nice to be able to give people prints from a day out, or whatever.