on 29 November 2016
Finally a book on sleep that's actually backed up by papers and genuine psychological studies and not just the traditional advise that's been passed on from generation to generation without actually questioning what we think is true.
I won't give too much away but well worth the read to find out more, especially if you have trouble sleeping.
One person found this helpful
on 22 January 2015
At first, an interesting read. The book is witty throughout, although I find this gets a little repetitive and monotonous after about half way. There is a lot of research referenced in this book, although the author's conclusions based on the research are often anecdotal and ill-informed. This is a good read to gain insight into most aspects of sleep, but please don't go quoting some of the finer details to your medical friends as they may laugh in your face.
2 people found this helpful
on 17 January 2018
Found this very helpful and hav started following some of the advice and have seen some improvement in my sleep
on 2 February 2018
Really interesting read, would definitely recommend especially given that we're in a bit of a sleep crisis at the minute!
on 3 April 2014
As a long term insomniac I was intrigued to see if this book could offer me any practical advice. It didn't disappoint. Armed with many tips and suggestions on getting a great night's sleep (which in hindsight now seem rather obvious), I am eager to start putting them into practice. This is an easy, enjoyable read and I would recommend it to insomniacs and super sleepers alike. You might just learn how to improve your health, control / maximise your dreams and perhaps find a little inspiration along the way.
2 people found this helpful
on 21 January 2018
Magnificent. My sleep has improved since applying the principles . I can feel myself functioning better as a result. Especially my memory.
Loved the research data and the humour.
on 30 August 2015
A good read though the author does however - whilst not totally off topic, a bit left field occasionally and it can become a bit of a chore to continue reading. Still a worthy read though
on 15 October 2017
Brilliantly constructed to make this compelling reading and changed my sleep habits forever. Bravo! Wiseman is a force for good.
on 8 February 2018
Highly recommended for anyone who wants to improve their sleep.
on 15 August 2014
If you are looking at making some positive changes to the way that you live this book would be a good starting place.
Sleep is a very well researched phenomenon but we tend to ignore the findings, this book collects and presents them in a useful and easily digested way.
One person found this helpful