on 26 April 2015
Lovely book. The story of how Coco's life was completely changed when her father announced, out of the blue, that they were moving away from Sidney to a farm in a tiny village. Coco is distraught, she has just been allowed to join "the" set of girls in her school and can't bear the thought that she has to leave them.
The long journey she takes, the new friends she meets, the horses she finds --- all these make up a great story. I am nowhere near being a teenager any more, but I think that this book would appeal to all ages.
I am looking forward to reading the second book in the series about her twin sister, Charlie.
on 20 May 2015
This book is so original! Must stories like are about a teenage girl who's desperate to be popular and succeeds because she's GORGEOUS. However, in this book, a perfectly average girl who wants to be popular doesn't succeed but learns the true .meaning for friendship and family.
on 26 July 2016
An absolute amazing book! I was just looking for free books when I saw this book and thought, I'll give it a try... And I'm glad I did I have also read the follow on book- Charlie Franks is A-Ok, the books amazing and considering its free! The 2nd book isn't free but I didn't mind as it was only £2.08 and I knew it would be amazing, and it was!
on 12 April 2016
I'm a girl but I'm using my brother's kindle and picking this book was the best decision ever I am defiantly getting the sequel and this book in paper.
on 20 April 2017
This was a good book and I enjoyed reading it as an adult though it's aimed for young adults. Interesting story and good plot - I liked the characters too! I've downloaded the second to read as well
on 7 February 2017
Kindle Unlimited, cute story and probably better suited to my granddaughter's age but not really cutesy so that was all right.

Love and Muddy Puddles (A Coco and Charlie Franks novel Book 1)
Charlie Franks is A-OK (Coco and Charlie Franks Novels Book 2)
Six Words That Wreck Your Life: An Aussie Christmas Short Story with Coco Franks (A Coco and Charlie Franks Novel Book 3)
on 19 May 2015
Good book, awful parents. But I guess that's the whole point - to show how badly things can go wrong when parents ride roughshod over their children and don't even explain, let alone take notice, of their opinions. I can't help but feel Coco's life would have been less of an emotional rollercoaster had she had more understanding parents - but then perhaps it would have been less of a book. It would have been interesting to read some chapters from her mother's perspective - she seems very self-centered, almost as if children are an inconvenience in her life. BTW, I am a parent of two well-balanced grown-up children, and I have taught a lot of teenage girls.
on 20 January 2014
different to other books i have read. I usually read adventure/romantic books but yesterday finished reading The fault in our stars. I read this book in one day(today) because i was ill off school& i found it great!
on 7 January 2014
one thing to know is that I really like this book. It's also ( in a way) represents how girls feel. The worst thing about this book though is that it makes you feel self conscious about your selef. I say this book is okay, but it really needs a sequel.
on 16 February 2017
I chose a rating of 5 stars because I really enjoyed the book and found it hard to stop reading it.
I would recommend this book for teens because its about a teenage girl who has to move away to live on a farm and how she hates it.