on 20 August 2014
Really the last Tyrannosaurus Rex album and their best one. A beautiful collection of fantastic melodies. The tone goes from delicate to powerful with just a hint of what was to come with 'Electric Warrior'. Just such a pity that Marc lost it so badly in his music three years later. The additional disc is good though most of this has already been available. Beautifully packaged save for the actual discs that clash with the otherwise tasteful visual presentation.
2 people found this helpful
on 8 September 2017
great album would recommend to any Bolan fan, not quite the glam of T.rex more the early days but some great songs.
One person found this helpful
on 23 November 2013
'T Rex' is even more of a transitional album than 'A Beard of Stars' though it's none the worse for it. In fact I'd choose this and 'The Slider' as my all time favourite Marc Bolan albums. Here the sublime hippy folk of 'The Time of Love is Now' and 'Root of Star' rub shoulders with embryonic glam rockers like 'Beltane Walk' and 'Is it Love?'.
2 people found this helpful
on 2 March 2015
My favourite T Rex album brilliantly remastered by Tony Visconti. Some very pleasant additions to the original sure to delight the listener. I listen to this album every day! I have the original vinyl in my precious collection but have no record player, now I have this on all my devices, never tire of listening to this masterpiece
on 22 November 2016
One of my favourite CDs of the mid-T.Rex period when Bolan had moved on from acoustic to electric guitars. Some gorgeous and original songs here with Bolan's trade-mark unusual lyrics.
on 12 December 2016
Fantastic album - beautiful songs showing the transition from acoustic genius to electric warrior - such beautiful thoughtful songs - some happy - some sad. Lots of extra's which are always work a listen.
on 16 April 2018
Arrived on time, and all was well. Thank you Music Magpie.... I'll be back for more!
on 10 March 2015
This album is beautiful. The songs are beautiful, and if you listen deeply and closely you'll be whisked off into a magical fantasy land of colours and magic. Marc Bolan's voice is beautiful, the production (by Tony Visconti) is warm and ... yes again, beautiful. Possibly oneof the greatest albums ever produced of it's genre........... what genre would that be? Now there's a very good question as the album is so so very unique.
on 30 January 2017
Brilliant album. Bolan at his best.
One person found this helpful
on 11 November 2016
I bought this album in my youth. Not as good as I remembered but still worth a listen. Electric warrior is better.