Top critical review
TWITCHing from excitement at reading that little 100% font at the bottom of my kindle
on 26 December 2016
i would say... a 1.5?
- i liked the main characters job, i found it to be a good sense of what the author was trying to convey in the character, being "good girl".
- twitch was the token "bad boy", and called twitch... take it as you will, because if you're reading RAW, you're probably immune to the names given to these dark and supposedly sexy bad men.
- i liked the beginning, aka the sample. i liked most of the book in the bland way that i like wearing plasters on cuts. it just wasn't completely heart-melting skin-shivering orgasm-inducing as i feel like it should've or could've been. or maybe that was too much to ask for since she was sexually assaulted not much before her first la-la-la.
- it was a tad annoying for our main girl to have to wait so long to finally figure out who this stalker really was, especially as we were told blatantly by his point of view mid-to-early on.
- i felt a tad bit of slut-shaming near the end by our main girl. even though i guess she was in a wrecked state after hearing devastating news, i feel like it was what she was feeling for ling? (can't really remember) all along, just never really saying it. though i guess i was a little more happier near the ending when it seemed like they had bonded slightly. still.
- if a man ever hired someone to spook me, and this hired spook tries to actually rape me,.. hello police!!
- it felt slightly like STOLEN by Lucy Christopher (main setting australia/girl helps boy in need/boy harbours this memory when reaching adulthood) but no way reaching that mark of character development or sadness at the end.
you will either take RAW in two ways.
i don't believe you should be utterly disgusted by what occurs, but some things definitely cross the line, and unfortunately this line is very often crossed in adult-romance fiction.
you'll love it for twitch's small man syndrome, and hell, belts can be hot. it's a snap read and the characters are so-so with a not-really-barely-there plot.
i don't like being mean or completely horrible, because i'm sure effort was put into this, you can tell, and i finished reading it... at least...too bad twitch didn't finishing reading his guilty plea of murder or admission to distributing drugs across the country of australia before getting locked up by the end of it.