• RAW

Customer reviews

Format: Kindle Edition|Change
Price:£2.90

Escape into my Reads Book Blog

I could not put this book down! I loved it right from the start and was left with a wtf no I need more don’t leave me yet finish! The story pulled me in straight away and I loved Alexa and Twitch. Raw is gritty, suspenseful, emotional, heart-breaking, sexy and quite the dirty read that will leave you in a heated mess. I loved Twitch in his hoody stalking Alexa it was hot even though it was creepy it didn’t factor. The sexual build up between the pair sizzled with heat and their chemistry was off the charts. Alexa is a strong sweet heroine who works as a social worker providing support to kids placed into foster homes. She’s the good girl who’s made the most of her circumstances and not let her past ruin her future. Twitch is a bad boy and he isn’t ashamed off it nor changing for anyone, he’s possessive, sexy, badass, raw and secretive. He’s had his eyes set on Alexa for a while, and the storyline is paced to keep you guessing why he treats Alexa the way he does and I loved reading every second of it. His nightly visits to Alexa is supercharged with sexual tension leading to sweet and sexy times. Raw left me in a mess with the epilogue and I was in a serious book hangover state, but it’s still one of my favourite reads of 2016 and I’m so glad there’s more to come in this series.
on 26 December 2016
i would say... a 1.5?

- i liked the main characters job, i found it to be a good sense of what the author was trying to convey in the character, being "good girl".
- twitch was the token "bad boy", and called twitch... take it as you will, because if you're reading RAW, you're probably immune to the names given to these dark and supposedly sexy bad men.
- i liked the beginning, aka the sample. i liked most of the book in the bland way that i like wearing plasters on cuts. it just wasn't completely heart-melting skin-shivering orgasm-inducing as i feel like it should've or could've been. or maybe that was too much to ask for since she was sexually assaulted not much before her first la-la-la.
- it was a tad annoying for our main girl to have to wait so long to finally figure out who this stalker really was, especially as we were told blatantly by his point of view mid-to-early on.
- i felt a tad bit of slut-shaming near the end by our main girl. even though i guess she was in a wrecked state after hearing devastating news, i feel like it was what she was feeling for ling? (can't really remember) all along, just never really saying it. though i guess i was a little more happier near the ending when it seemed like they had bonded slightly. still.
- if a man ever hired someone to spook me, and this hired spook tries to actually rape me,.. hello police!!
- it felt slightly like STOLEN by Lucy Christopher (main setting australia/girl helps boy in need/boy harbours this memory when reaching adulthood) but no way reaching that mark of character development or sadness at the end.

you will either take RAW in two ways.

i don't believe you should be utterly disgusted by what occurs, but some things definitely cross the line, and unfortunately this line is very often crossed in adult-romance fiction.

you'll love it for twitch's small man syndrome, and hell, belts can be hot. it's a snap read and the characters are so-so with a not-really-barely-there plot.

i don't like being mean or completely horrible, because i'm sure effort was put into this, you can tell, and i finished reading it... at least...too bad twitch didn't finishing reading his guilty plea of murder or admission to distributing drugs across the country of australia before getting locked up by the end of it.
on 5 May 2014
I loved this book. Found it easy to get into and really did not want to put it down. Both main characters are damaged but I love the way that she really rescue's him and tries to make him a better man, he is sexy as hell and the storyline is a good one, the ending - well I was holding my breath and there is a twist at the end. Please Bella can we have a sequel, because this book would be perfect for one .. Please read, you wont be disappointed .
on 12 August 2017
I bloody love this book i need more twitch like now im heartbroken i need a happy ending please let there be Another book for them
❤️❤️
on 1 May 2017
Absolutely brilliant! The story drags you in and doesn't let you go until your heart is in your mouth on every page.
on 4 August 2017
And in the fictional world today, that's a hard thing to do! Loved it.
Heading straight for the next installment.
on 6 June 2017
I didn't know it was possible to fall in love with the idea of a stalker, but guess what? I did.
on 2 February 2014
Compared to other books I’ve read recently, this book was such a welcome diversion and is a story which truly is Raw.

I’ve not read any books by this author before but after hearing such positive feedback for Raw I decided to Belle Aurora a go. Was I surprised, no, but then again I was not disappointed either and I will certainly be one-clicking a few more books by Belle Aurora very soon!

This book focuses on Alexa Ballentine (Lexi) a child welfare case worker and Twitch, her mysterious stalker.

Lexi has gotten used to seeing and feeling Twitch around but it isn’t until she is attacked one night that she finally gets to speak to him. Assuming him to be homeless, Belle is surprised to find out Twitch isn’t who or what he appears. Drawn to him following the attack, Twitch continues to be ever present in her life apart from at night when he sneaks into her bed and holds her in his arms and makes love to her.

***There’s something about Twitch. He’s just…raw. Everything about him is raw. And gritty. And unbound. He’s a raging fire. And I’m a fragile moth fluttering into the flame.***

Dipping in and out of her life, Lexi soon realises that she is falling in love with Twitch but when she finds out about his business and what it camouflages she’s left wondering if she will ever really know who he is and whether they can truly be happy together. Twitch’s emotions are fierce and Lexi soon realises that there is more to Twitch than meets the eye but the secret he is holding is buried deep.

***I don’t like labels. I won’t be defined by words like normal, unbalanced, or damaged. There’s so much more to me than words. I have layers, just like the next person, and if you picked me apart layer-by-layer, you’d find a blackened crust where my heart should be.***

The story unfolds and the truth is known but will Lexi and Twitch have their happy-ever-after?

This is a stand-alone book with an ending that overwhelms you but doesn’t detract from the fact that this story is amazing and heart-breaking at the same time.
on 12 January 2014
Oh wow, love story or hate story not sure which but it's a combination of the two. No laughter and light in this relationship it is built on half truths and out right lies.
Lexi and Twitch both come from abusive homes, while she made it out the other side he didn't and he cannot forget.
He has been watching her, looking for a way in to her life, when he arranges an opportunity he grabs it. They start on path that leads to the death of an innocent teenager. The epilogue in this book is heart breaking, yup tears are flowing.
Will we get a second book? I hope so.
on 25 January 2014
I have to be honest having read the blurb for this book I wasn't all that interested but seeing a lot of reviews bigging it up I decided I had to see what the fuss was about and my god am I glad I took the chance!

I read a lot but very rarely leave a review but I felt I had to for this one, this is my first book by this author so didn't know what to expect but I love the alternate POV and hope that there is a sequel! It's pretty deep at times so if you're looking for a light romance forget it. Twitch is not your typical bad boy but you fall for him all the same, I loved Lexi, she's a strong heroine with a huge heart and not afraid to show her naughty side (well maybe a little afraid).

This is the first book in a long time that has me putting my kindle down to pull myself together to try and get rid of this hangover :)