Shop now Learn More Shop now Learn more Click Here Shop Kindle Amazon Music Unlimited for Family Shop now Shop Women's Shop Men's Learn more Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now

Customer reviews

Format: Kindle Edition|Change
Price:£1.99

on 26 September 2016
This was a super little read and loved it. I had only a week previously suddenly lost our beautiful Labrador, and just looking at the cover, drew me in to read it, sooner rather than later. So glad I did was very warm comfortable and most enjoyable. Thank you Victoria for writing this, look forward to reading many more of your books.
on 24 March 2017
I chose this book because I love dogs. It was sensitively written, amusing and touching without being sentimental, thoroughly recommendable.
on 26 July 2017
I love animal stories and this was a good one.
on 25 January 2015
A lovely heart warming story about people who care for animals and people.
on 7 January 2014
I was gripped with this book from the first few lines I read. I am a great dog lover so I know how special an animal they are and just how much of an impact they can have on ones own life and it is brought across beautifully in this well written short story where we see exactly the impact a rescue dog called Hope has on several peoples life's ....... As the ole saying goes, "where theirs life theirs Hope"... Read this people you won't be disappointed I both laughed and cried reading it x
on 7 April 2014
I wasn't totally sure what I was going to get as a story with a novella, but this had plenty of parts to get you into the story and I literally had to finish it in one go to find out what was going to happen with Hope. I don't want to write any more on the story or it would give things away, but trust me you want to find out!

As usual with this author the details are good so you can imagine just how the garden, the walks, all the shops would have been.

Beautiful little story, perfect for an hour or so!
on 3 January 2014
What a wonderful little novella! I am involved with dog rescue and this charming story would be the perfect advert for rescue! Alfie is such a sad man when we meet him and the cautious friendship with Hope that blossoms into more is a moving read. Have your tissues close by! I love Victoria Connelly's books and to read a story by her that is about dog rescue is a perfect combination!
on 14 March 2015
I really enjoy Victoria Connely's work as a rule and this is no exception. It is a short read and can be scoffed in an hour.
Sammy works in an animal shelter and saves an emaciated badly treated dog. With the help of the local vet the dog survives and Sammy names her Hope.Meanwhile Saamy's widowed father Alfie is neglecting himself, his home and his beloved garden as he struggles to come to terms with his loss. Sammy's idea is to save her father and Hope at the same time...
I particularly liked the way the love story this time involved man and dog rather than man and woman. The village and Alfie's home were very well drawn, it made me want to go there and walk along the river bank with Alfie myself.
I recommend this novella for a relaxing hour of escapism( especially if you love animals.)
on 3 February 2014
I loved this sweet little novella. Victoria is consistently one of my favourite authors and this story didn’t disappoint!

I love the bond that forms between Alfie and Hope, the little stray dog. Sammy is worried about her Dad, since he lost his beloved wife Jessie and she thinks the dog might help him focus. The bond that grows, I think surprises them all.

I really want a dog, I have done for a long time and this just made me pine even more! A perfect quick read that will leave you all warm and fuzzy!
on 16 September 2014
A Dog Called Hope - It is sometime since I read this book but I do remember that I loved the story. Really heart warming and as a lover of dogs I could not put it down and read it in one go. I have written a book about my own dog so tend to gravitate towards any doggy tale.