Learn more Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Learn More Shop now Shop now Learn more Shop Fire Shop Kindle Learn More Shop now Fitbit

Customer reviews

Format: Kindle Edition|Change
Price:£2.40

on 30 September 2014
I love this series, fast paced, exciting, enthralling writing style, can't wait for the next in the series.
So now we are into book three. If you haven't read the other two I highly suggest you read them so you know what is going on. We are slowly seeing that the zombies or "whities" as they are becoming known as are acting very weird. They are starting to run around in a line but not quite following anyone.
Zed has left Murphy and the girl they rescued back in the bunker so he could find out what happened to Step the nurse that told him to call when it was safe. It seems that others in the hospital along with Steph are trying to survive and they have gone so far as to infect themselves to see who will change and who will not. Zed on his hero complex rushes to save her and ends up saving others. Though Zed learns through one of the survivors there that there are now zombies called "Smart Ones" some how they are figuring things out and are not as "dumb" as the others are. Are the zombies becoming something even more than just brain dead eaters? Should Zed and his friends be even more worried?
As they travel to hopefully a safe place they have to ask themselves is any place truly safe? Or will they always be on the run?
I really did enjoy how the zombies are changing it is a different change for me instead of the normal type of zombies you read about.
Zed is starting to be a more responsible in his actions even though the stunt as the hospital was crazy you can see he is evolving better as a character. Now the ending has me for sure what is going to happen now especially since it involves my favorite character out of this whole series it is a cliffhanger.
on 28 March 2016
The Whites are getting smarter and Zed is getting luckier. The action is even more intense as the series progresses, it is becoming very addictive!
on 1 November 2014
The third book in "Slow Burn" continues the action. I've stayed with the series because it's a pretty decent cheap read, even Book 1 where the author was clearly on a learning curve, but by book 3 he's writing a lot better and the situations are more clear-cut and colourful. The main character, too (a zombie in all but name) is also hitting his stride, drawing strength from his troubled upbringing rather than the usual ex-cop/grizzled Marine type leading most such books.

Good, solid stuff from Bobby Adair.
on 1 March 2014
This is a must have collection for zombie fans, although this book in the series seems more like a traditional apocalypse type of story it still works because we are now connected to the characters, they are our family now. I got into these more than usual because of the writers take on the zombies and the levels of infection causing various behaviours. Although we have yet to see an intelligent zombie at work. The writer has indicated that the intelligent ones are getting the dumber zombies to do their dirty work but so far no intelligent zombie has been able to get a main part in the show yet. I look forward to the rest of the series. oh I would just like to add that I would have given it a five star rating if it was all in one book. It's not the fact that as you get further in to a series the books get more expensive because a story this good I would pay for no problem it's because there is no ending and when I read a book and finish it I want that satisfied feeling that you get when the story is done and dusted, I do not like waiting for it at all.
on 3 April 2014
I bought this just to give it a go - but didn't really have my heart in it. I didn't read the book for a few months...by which time, Bobby had brought out 3 more in the series. So I decided to give it a go - OMG!!! THIS IS A BRILLIANT SERIES!!! I hate writers that put several exclamation marks after sentences but I just had to with this series.

Slow Burn basically means that the sufferer caught the virus - but didn't change into a zombie! They can move about with the other zombies, (carefully that is), which puts a great spin on the whole zombie apocalypse genre. This series is a great read and I cannot recommend it highly enough - although it did have quite a few mistakes...but I am not upset about them because the books were so good
on 27 March 2014
I picked the first book in this series up in a box set which was recommended by an author of one of the other series i'm currently reading.
I paid about £1.99 i think and since then I have read the other two books in this series and just bought the 4th.
Good all round story, plenty of action and likeable characters.
Even the Steward on a recent flight I was on was getting into the book after reading my kindle over my shoulder during boarding.
I hope he went and bought the books, that goes for you too.
on 23 June 2014
Whizzed through all four of these books without stopping in just a few days, simply could NOT put them down, great spin on the zombie genre, love the whole idea of differing degrees of a zombie virus, characters were likeable and Zed is a normal bloke who reacts like you or I might, and tries to do the right thing in lots of difficult situations and I can really identify with him. Loved the books, write some more!!!! please x
on 16 May 2014
I don't usually read "zombie" books, but the original Slow Burn was in a taster (think that's the phrase) collection, and I was drawn to the idea. Books two and three followed rapidly, and can't resist the lure of number four. A fast-moving storyline which grips from the outset, well-written and, I'm afraid to say it, BELIEVABLE! Excellent.
on 11 July 2016
Such a great series. I love reading the adventures of Zed and Murphy may they continue for a long time. This series is one of the best I've ever read and I read allot of zombie/apocalypse fiction on my kindle. What I also like is the author, despite his series becoming popular hasn't put the price of his books up and they are always a good length.