on 12 September 2014
Starting off, upon receiving the product, I was fairly impressed by the packaging. What I got was a very nice looking thin light brown rectangular box with a white slide-on cover which showed the picture of the keyboard and some information about it.

What was inside the box:

- The keyboard in a fitted plastic bag
- A nice Micro-usb cable to charge the keyboard with
- Stick-on keyboard feet
- The Happy/Sad card
- The user guide

The keyboard was very easy to connect. All I did was simultaneously press the Fn and the C key which sent the keyboard into pairing mode. Afterwards I searched for the keyboard on the tablet, followed the procedures and BOOM, I now have a mini laptop. One thing I was really impressed by was the build quality of the keys and the back cover which by the way is aluminum. The keys were really easy to type on and felt very nice. The pop up stand is also very cool and comes in very handy. Also the cover feature of the keyboard also works as promised. Overall I am really satisfied with this keyboard and would recommend this to anyone who is looking for a bluetooth keyboard cover for their iPad.

I was supplied a sample for test and evaluation, and I promised that my review is fair and honest.
on 10 July 2015
Edit: pretty convinced the battery is not lasting as long now after 8 months. I go to use it sometimes and it's stone dead? No kind of warning which can be a bit of a pain. I didn't pay the £59.99 it's now listed at and would not pay that much for this.

Bought this one because reviews pointed to 6 month battery life. I never achieved this and now after 7 months I'm not convinced battery is lasting as long. Silver finish not bad, but not as good as the iPad. Needs care when standing up the iPad to make sure support is fully raised and its engaged properly or your iPad slams into the desk - a bit embarassing in a quiet meeting. First one I got was DOA. Anker support very good in replacing without fuss. Colleague has a Logitech and points to a very good battery on that. If you're choosing, have a look at the keyboard layouts as they are a bit different (size of certain keys) and you may choose one of the other based on that.

Overall, I find it very useful and have given up carrying a notebook everywhere because of this - so it must be doing something right.

One problem - iPad cases don't fit the combined item - it would make sense for Anker to offer a suitable case as an option - I don't think they do. I picked up a small generic tablet case in the end.
on 5 October 2014
I like it! Does what it is meant to. It is not a real keyboard, so there is no comparison to a laptop keyboard. As I have an older heavy iPad, it is top heavy and is therefore not well suited to being used in the lap - that is what a laptop is for. But for on the go, on the airplane or portability without buying a smaller laptop - it's great. Keys feel nice. Only issue is it won't stay closed, so I have a case to slip the iPad and keyboard in when travelling.
on 15 July 2015
I do very much like this keyboard. Any bluetooth keyboard is a real asset when using a smartphone or tablet to send emails and lengthy texts, as it is so much quicker to use than touching the screen. I use this with my iPhone and iPad therefore. My only however is that my 2nd generation iPad, the big old heavy thing, topples out of it easily. It fits beautifully, but the lightness of the case and the steep angle at which it holds the iPad just isn't perfect for me. I don't know if such a thing exists, but the ideal thing to look for might be for an adjustable stand so that the angle at which you are positioning the tablet can be varied depending on what you are using it for.
on 22 February 2015
This is by far the best ever keyboard for my iPad! Great feedback when typing, easy connection every time, great position of pad from keyboard fast set up and it looks the business. No problem with layout for me, I got used to it fast. It is not a cover, the magnetic connection is not as strong as for a Smart Cover nor should it be, the connection is to just keep the pad and keyboard together in a slip case or brief case. Customer service to date has been good with two contacts to make sure I was happy, I don't expect to have any other contact as it feels built to last.
on 12 December 2015
For use primarily with an iPad Mini. The Mini is in a leather flip over case which still fits snugly into the keyboard retaining groove. After Bluetooth pairing the system worked faultlessly with a nice feel to the keys and plenty of finger room. Turns a pad into a laptop in seconds, much better than the on-screen keyboard with the whole screen available at all times.
Worked equally as well with a naked iPad but be aware, the hinge magnet is not very strong for use as a case.
In both cases the pads remained in position without a problem.
on 21 June 2015
Just received this today and currently typing with it; so far so good. Keys are quite nicely spaced out but they feel just a teeniest bit tacky, but for the price I guess I really can't complain. The little back stand which flips up when you pop the iPad in is surprisingly strong and can easily hold the iPad. Typing does feel a little bit slow at the moment but I am certain that this will disappear once I have gotten more familiar with the keyboard. It is light yet strong, and it works really well as a case too. The only possible con the the design would be the glossy finish on the keyboard because whilst it does look very nice, it is a fingerprint magnet. However, overall I am very happy with this product and if any problems crop up in the future I will be sure to update this review.
on 1 May 2015
Okay, so I know that this review might be a little premature as I have only been using this keyboard for about an hour since it was delivered this morning but I am hugely impressed! I had originally bought a CoastCloud detachable keyboard and case a couple of weeks ago but had to send it back as the plastic iPad housing broke in two places. This was to replace a previous keyboard and case and so I was a little sceptical of getting just a keyboard without any protection to the back of the iPad. But I liked the look of this keyboard, esepcially how it complemented the brushed aluminium of the iPad, the magnetic hinge and the innovative 'kick stand' that holds the it in place.

It definitely did not disappoint. With the keyboard attached to the iPad and the whole unit closed, it looks like a very sleek mini notebook. It may add a little extra (though barely noticeable) weight but the whole thing feels solid. The kick stand is the best feature: place the iPad in the groove and it pops up automatically. When you're done, clip the iPad on to the sturdy magnetic hinge, close it and the kick stand clicks closed. The keyboard is a joy to use (the CoastCloud keyboard was also excellent) and, as a moderately fast typist, I am able write as quickly as I would on a full-sized keyboard. The keys have nice travel and are well spaced so hitting the wrong key is very rare. Like the CoastCloud keyboard an extra set of function keys are included that allow to lock/unlock the iPad, control brightness, set volume or play/pause/fast forward/rewind iTunes tracks. The kick stand holds the iPad at a very comfortable viewing angle and using the whole thing feels like a laptop.

In summary, I cannot praise this keyboard enough. I was very sceptical at first (it's difficult to guage a product just by looking at photos online) but any reservations I had quickly disappeared after ten minutes of using it. It might be a little more expensive than other solutions but much cheaper that Logitech or Belkin keyboards, though I consider the build quality and attention to detail to be just the same. Highly recommended!
on 2 October 2015
I bought this for my wife her ipad is the pre 8/2014
This is easy to set up and works very well she says it's not an issue to turn her ipad to portrait the view web sites etc.
This does increase the weight and bulk but that's to be expected and as she tends to use hers at home it's not an issue but we also bought her a padded sleeve for any time she needs to take it elsewhere.
I gave this 5 stars because it does what it says in the advertising so can,t fault it in any way
on 25 May 2016
I bought this for my wife for Christmas and it worked really well, charged quickly and the balance of the ipad is good, it connects easily and she enjoyed using it. But last week the keys on the bottom row stopped working and the space bar would double space, so it automatically put a full stop. We contacted Amazon and they have agreed to refund if i return it, so whilst i would give the product a review of 2, i am heartened by the Amazon refund. If you don't ask, you don't get. Now off to search for another one!