on 29 April 2018
Found this book to be for a younger audience than myself, I am 36. Enjoyable enough and if you love all things supernatural this is a good enough read, however if I read this when I was in my teens I'm sure I would have loved this series. Would possibly read future books from the series but not in a rush to do so.
on 10 February 2018
It’s not the kind of book I usually read but I wanted a change,I was not disappointed with this book. At first I thought what on earth am I reading , it was so different to the cop/ thriller books that are on my kindle. I would highly recommended this book to anyone looking for a good easy read
on 6 November 2015
When I first started reading Relentless I thought that it was going to be another Twilight clone. I am glad that I was wrong and didn't give up on it as it was thoroughly enjoyable. I loved the relationships between the Mohiri, werewolves, vampires, Trolls and other beings - they were complex and believable. I also like the first person narrator and her relationship with her uncle, friends and their families - so many secrets. I look forward to reading more of Karen Lynch's work.
on 12 February 2014
I consume urban / paranormal fantasy books at a rate of 5-10 a week. With very few exceptions the 'new author + bargain price' recipe results in disappointment and an unfinished book. Either the world is explained rather than experienced, the spellchecker is forgotten, the narrative is disjointed and weak or - worst of all - there is a dreaded love triangle around which the story revolves.

I'm pleased to say that this is one of the few exceptions. A genuinely good story, well written and avoiding paths already well walked in the genre. I was totally engrossed from start to finish.

Delighted with my purchase and will be waiting for the next one. Full marks to the author !
on 7 November 2014
I thought the whole back story created so much tension form the beginning triggering a lot of events to happen. throughout the whole book I was thinking what if she didn't do that or what if she was this. I built up so much of a relationship with the characters, I ended up crying at the end. I love to see how other characters react to seeing the main character getting hurt or almost killed (I'm no sadist) it just makes me experience a different side of them. I definitely felt it in this book. I would never like to see my favourite characters dying. ever . the born series by tara Brown is an example of that. anyway, this book was sitting in my kindle books for a long time but I finally ended up loving it. one of the best books I have read. can't wait for December!
2 people found this helpful
on 25 August 2016
I absolutely loved this book. Lynch's writing flows so easily, and I found it an interesting read. I like fantasy, yet I don't really read YA. I found it incredibly well written and a very imaginative and fun story to follow. I liked the familial relationship between Sara and her uncle, and I am intrigued by the relationship between Sara and Nikolas. I found the story very interesting and couldn't put it down. I'm looking forward to the next book.
on 4 July 2014
what a great book. wasnt expecting some thing so cheap to be of any good now i carnt wait for the next book. i can recommend this book to both children an adults. it dosent contain any sexual filth at all. its full of twists an turns. if you like vampires,werewolfs etc you will love this story. i disagree with people who say you could tell what was going to happen ! its a great read. if this is k lynch first book then keep em coming. 77p great price for this book if you love books on vampires an werewolf,fairys you have got the lot in this book. great book to take away on hols for 77p
on 4 June 2017
If you are a fan of paranormal stories then this really is the book for you. I'm not as a rule a fan but I really did enjoy this story as it had plenty of twists and turns that kept me interested and it didn't move too far from the old lore that comes with vampires, demons etc and that was refreshing.
on 17 March 2014
I bought this because (a) I like urban fantasy and (b) it was at a very low price. I figured it was worth taking a chance. The reality is, this would have been a bargain at full price. As other reviewers have mentioned, there is a unique take on the classic urban fantasy cast of characters and the plot rattles along at a great pace. The character development is good and the scene is set for the next in the series, without leaving the reader up in the air on an outright cliffhanger (I hate that!).

An excellent start to what I hope becomes a lengthy series.
on 13 March 2017
This isn't for me. Though I love this genre, the characters are far too young and I just struggled to relate to them. I read a few chapters but the book did not engage me and I never finished it.

I am more for J.R. Ward's Black Dagger Brotherhood and Lara Adrian's Midnight Breed.